12V Tyre Inflation Socket Query

viking

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone tested their 12 Volt tyre inflation socket on the MG5 Exclusive yet? Mine has never worked - unless I'm missing a hidden switch, if so, will someone please advise me where to find it?

Thanks in anticipation of advice

I believe it's only powered on when the ignition is on.

Thanks for your response to my dilemma EWD and for your suggestion. So far I've tried to get it working by pressing the start button once, twice and three times with foot on brake and with foot off brake - but, no luck so far. I'm thinking the next thing to check will be the fuse.

I'm wondering whether anyone else has the same problem. Not difficult to imagine being stuck somewhere with a slow puncture on a cold, dark night, in the middle of nowhere and then discovering the thing doesn't work. I carry a spare wheel, personally, but for those who don't......

Has anyone tested their 12 Volt tyre inflation socket on the MG5 Exclusive yet? Mine has never worked - unless I'm missing a hidden switch, if so, will someone please advise me where to find it?

Thanks in anticipation of advice
Thanks for letting us know. I haven't tried mine yet so will do so.
Have you tried the socket with anything else ? Obviously 2 things that could be wrong here, the socket or the inflator. Process of elimination.

Thanks for that idea Gomev. I haven't tried it yet - but will do, when I find another 12v gadget with a suitable plug

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom