5 month wait so far

Lisa

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Ordered a ZS petrol automatic in November... still being told earliest May to get it though originally it was March. Does this sound right?

Hi Lisa. Welcome to the forum. I too am waiting for ICE Auto order placed 29.10.21. I have been told similar dates, last update was May/June.

Despite not ordering an EV I find this forum really helpful and insightful from a perspective customer prospect, and as well as an insight into owning an EV, something I intend to do after this ZS.

I’d advise checking out the Shipping Update thread for the majority of updates relating to delivery.

Same for all cars from all manufacturers, until the chip shortage is resolved.

Ordered a ZS petrol automatic in November... still being told earliest May to get it though originally it was March. Does this sound right?
Yes I ordered new ZS se EV long range in December told March delivery but now told June will be the easiest ☹️

Ordered my mg5 Nov 1st for Feb delivery, now told it will be out of the factory in April and delivered in June. However as there are COVID lockdowns in the area where the factory is I'm doubtful that this promised date will be met... silly Chinese zero tolerance rule on COVID it not helping anyone. I guess when the weather improves in China the cases will reduce and production will resume..so I predict July/August to be more realistic. By the way MG China will never say COVID is holding things up, they will blame the chip shortages always.

I ordered a ZS EV Long Range in October, initial ETA was March, then Apr, then May…. Now August! I understand the semiconductor shortage, but am puzzled as to why short range models which weren’t even launched when I ordered are now in such good supply that dealers are pre-registering them! That’s what doesn’t make sense to me!

I ordered a ZS EV Long Range in October, initial ETA was March, then Apr, then May…. Now August! I understand the semiconductor shortage, but am puzzled as to why short range models which weren’t even launched when I ordered are now in such good supply that dealers are pre-registering them! That’s what doesn’t make sense to me!
Maybe there are less components in the short range model so easier to source them. Odd though.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom