56 mph for ICE what about EV

Scorpion

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anyone found a best cruise speed for miles per KW, traditionally quoted as 56mph for an Ice, just wondering what's best for an EV

Walking pace probably...they are wonderful around town and in heavy traffic. I tend to keep off motorways and my speed down below 60 as much as I can...without inconveniencing other road users too much.

Walking pace probably...they are wonderful around town and in heavy traffic. I tend to keep off motorways and my speed down below 60 as much as I can...without inconveniencing other road users too much.
Yes I've already learnt to avoid motorways they certainly chew up the battery % if you keep up with traffic. Looking for a good cruising speed on "A roads" for a 150 mile run

I find that keeping around 60mph gives quite good results. It’s once you creep beyond that you see a big drop in mpk. In your MG5 if you stick to this i would think that you’ll get 150 miles easy - especially with warm weather on the way! I can get 150 miles without too much stress on my ZS driving sensibly in summer. EV‘s are really much more efficient at low speeds though.

I find that keeping around 60mph gives quite good results. It’s once you creep beyond that you see a big drop in mpk. In your MG5 if you stick to this i would think that you’ll get 150 miles easy - especially with warm weather on the way! I can get 150 miles without too much stress on my ZS driving sensibly in summer. EV‘s are really much more efficient at low speeds though.
Thanks for passing on your experience it's much appreciated

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom