5pkw OVO Drive anytime still live

N2STY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I was on the phone to ovo yesterday to sort out my charging credits and I asked if the 5p charge any time is still available and they said yes so may be of interest to someone people
Introducing Anytime, the add-on for OVO Drive

So you get charged at full price then you get credited back the difference in my case I get 23pkw back for every kW used for charging as my standard is 28pkw
Screenshot_20221015_135226.jpg

Minor detail that you have to own one of the very limited range of charge points they support!

I’ve just got my MG4, got a smart meter installed on the same day (coincidence) only to be told by my existing supplier OVO that despite advertising OVO Drive and saying ‘sign up today’, the tariff is not currently available.

It seems to depend on who you speak to on their chat. Anybody else in a similar situation had a different answer from OVO?

I know they have a automatic calculation problem with ohme right now as they have been giving me my charging credit manually the last few months
Screenshot_20221215-152712.png

If your already on the drive tariff you can add anytime charge using your account on their website or app it's a free as long as it's one of the 5 chargers accepted but from January it's 10p kw

I know they have a automatic calculation problem with ohme right now as they have been giving me my charging credit manually the last few months
View attachment 13700
If your already on the drive tariff you can add anytime charge using your account on their website or app it's a free as long as it's one of the 5 chargers accepted but from January it's 10p kw
Haha lucky you!

I’ve been misled big time by OVO so I’ll be leaving a soon as the smart meter starts showing readings on the app.

I got in touch with them today about the IHD not connecting. They asked for the type I’ve been given and it’s not one that they use! So they’re to send out a replacement but they don’t have any and it will be up to 6 weeks.

Meanwhile I’ll have to keep paying a premium to charge the car! Absolutely useless!

View attachment 13700
I can confirm that the OVO team have now backdated all of my bills and squared up my bills, as the Ohme charger wasn’t properly communicating my usage to OVO (or OVO weren’t receiving it properly).
The Ohme charger always seemed to report a higher value of use than OVO reported.
As Nasty said above, they plan to manually credit me each month until the automatic readings are working as they should.
Once I made an official complaint and it got escalated the customer service was great. Up until that point it was months of email and phone call to’ing and fro’ing.
Fingers crossed but I’ll keep my eyes on the numbers.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom