A long way to go...........

mj224

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Trying to organise a weeks holiday in the Hay-on-Wye area. So few charging points and those that era there are out of order,,,,

Gordon Bennett is all I have to say...

Trying to organise a weeks holiday in the Hay-on-Wye area. So few charging points and those that era there are out of order,,,,

That's because the Government decided to splash the cash on a Hydrogen filling station at Abergavenny instead. 😯👏
There's plenty of capacity at nearby Llandrindod but it depends where you will be staying.

I wonder how accurate the ZAPMAP reports are given some are from months ago. That may not be the case here, I'm just commenting generally. It would be great if ZAPMAP tells you the provider - which it does - and if then you could go on the provider web site to check status - would it not? Would that be an outrageous suggestion?

if then you could go on the provider web site to check status - would it not? Would that be an outrageous suggestion?
Depends whether you believe that you can trust the data from the charge point network. 😯

Wales is not exactly awash with Rapid Chargers.

E95224D7-8E35-4953-8493-0109515788A4.png

However, there are some not too far from Hay-On-Wye that may be able to meet your needs.

Wales is not exactly awash with Rapid Chargers.

Nor is mid-Wales exactly awash with roads or people except in the holiday season.

Your map is incomplete:

Rapids

Screenshot_2022-08-11-08-31-04-644_com.zapmap.zapmap.jpg

AC

Screenshot_2022-08-11-08-33-43-784_com.zapmap.zapmap.jpg

The devil as usual is in the detail. A lot of the Rapids are single machines so you are dependent on it both being working and not being used when you arrive. Personally I'd use AC to fill up to last the length of my stay, possibly via "granny" if the accomodation wasn't close to a suitable point.

Plugshare is pretty good at giving you live info, if you click on a charger (and then on More Details) it will tell you if it's online and if it's currently in use.

e.g.

Yes thanks for that. That may well be the salvation. Herefords Rapids are all out of order as far as I can see. And Brecon has one, which is usually in use.......

Again, thanks for the replies. I think Llandrindod Metropole Hotel is favourite, as we can have a cuppa tea whilst waiting.

The Zapmap data is only as accurate as WE make it, a point I have made before. It is very important that we register our findings on the App.

Your point of going onto the suppliers web page, or even ringing them is a good one, especially in these out of the way places. I live some 67 miles from Hay-on-Wye, so will have 2/3rds of a battery when I get there...

Hereford St Martin's Swarco by the swimming pool is reliable, as is the one at the BP Pulse Head Office at Rotherwas. Have you considered the Instavolts at Leominster?

For the record, I have just rung Genie Chargers, and asked about the charging points at Morrison's in Hereford, Texaco in Hereford and Morrison's in Ross on Wye. These are all out of order!

Genie are unable to repair these in the short term, due to lack of spare parts from Japan, and the problem with electronic chips.

Its not just Putin who is suffering from lack of spares etc.................

Does anything work in this country anymore.............:-(

For the record, I have just rung Genie Chargers, and asked about the charging points at Morrison's in Hereford, Texaco in Hereford and Morrison's in Ross on Wye. These are all out of order!

Genie are unable to repair these in the short term, due to lack of spare parts from Japan, and the problem with electronic chips.

Its not just Putin who is suffering from lack of spares etc.................

Does anything work in this country anymore.............:-(
Nothing is working anywhere, not just this country if it requires a chip

Texaco in Hereford
This one is "always" out of order, so no surprise there. GeniePoint have a poor record for reliability, and always seem slow to fix reported issues. The chip shortage seems a general excuse for everything, although my Wife didn't accept it for me not doing the dishes last night. 🙄

This one is "always" out of order, so no surprise there. GeniePoint have a poor record for reliability, and always seem slow to fix reported issues. The chip shortage seems a general excuse for everything, although my Wife didn't accept it for me not doing the dishes last night. 🙄
Did you have chips with dinner ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom