A new one to the UK from FORD looks nice.

Nice car that, but I bet it will come with a hefty price tag.

The 2 battery sizes will be 52 kWh (range about 220 miles) and 77 kWh (up to 330 miles) with the 40k price point being for the single motor 52 kWh variant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beauty is very definitely in the eye off the beholder, because to my eyes that Ford is depressingly like yet another bull nosed 'wannabee' SUV. Why are so many new vehicles so blunt snouted? The MG4 attracted me because it was much sleeker than most of the EV offerings out there.

For me, as a big guy, ease of access is more important than looks. I drive an MG5 (company car) and have to bend and slide to get in it. It's comfortable to drive when I'm inside but getting there can be a trial. My 'own' car (which I never drive) is a Kia Soul which I love for the easy entry and exit the design allows. That Ford looks like it would be a good match except for the price, I object to paying 40 grand for a basic model of any car.

For me, as a big guy, ease of access is more important than looks.
I am not the smallest person around either at 6ft 2in, so I do understand what you are saying. However, since the advent of the SUV concept, it seems that most cars coming out of the factories look like two rectangles slapped together from the side view and a mini Yank truck from the front view.

I realise I am probably in a very small minority and the general public are seemingly attracted to bigger and beefier vehicles (the old Volvo scenario from Jasper Carrott perhaps) for taking the kids to the local school and doing their weekly shop, and all the manufacturers have naturally jumped onto the band wagon and are producing ever more massive vehicles that try to outdo each other on size and weight, and that is now coming through on the EV sector.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom