A Shocking Movie On The Green Revolution

Alreay seen it a couple of years ago and watched the excellent debunk by Dave on Just Have A Think Youtube channel.

It was your usual hatchet job with old footage of renewables in their infancy, interviews chopped and editted to make the interviewee say what the producer wanted them to say, and bits of data taken peicemeal from scientific papers out of context . . . oh and downright lying.

Edit: I've just had a thought - click on Dave's video and give him the views rather than that peice of garbage by Michael Moore. :)

Yes I had known that there was a lot of outdated and downright old sections on that video. I also realised that there were lots of people on there that had an axe to grind on renewable energy.
What struck me was how far they went to downgrade the efforts to improve the way we think about how we use energy.

I have been struck by the efforts car manufacturers and reviewers will go to sell their EV car offers and EV reviews (to increase their viewing figures on You Tube).
Faster 0-60, padding and surface finishes, extended range (often by only a few kilometres/miles), all try to get us to buy more spend more and to hell with the effect this will have.
If environmental groups need an axe to grind maybe they should be looking at these people who are encouraging car buyers to change their cars every 12 months.
The UK has an appalling track record on short lived car ownership. When it first started it was a registration letter to show the year of manufacture (I have a newer car than the neighbour). That wasn't good enough for the manufacturers, not selling enough cars. So the government brought it down to twice a year, still not good enough so now the manufacturers bring out refresh models in between which are usually slight changes to the exterior so that people can still tell you have an 'old' car.

Cars are now a bit like Android phones or Windows computers. Built in obsolescence. After the first year no more updates. Your car doesn't work properly? It's over 1 year old? Sorry it's out of warranty, but the new one doesn't have that fault, so you can upgrade.

I was charging next to an Opel Mokka owner three days ago and I asked him how he liked his car. 'It's ok' he said 'but I wouldn't have another one'. I asked him why not and he said that the support was terrible lots of things wrong with the car, he had had it almost three years and there had never been an update and the issues had never been fixed.

I am not a climate activist or a tree hugger, just a regular citizen who thinks it could be done better so I bought an EV to replace a diesel car that I had owned for the previous 7 years. This means that I have a nicer more comfortable car to drive, can save some money and reduce the amount of crap that I put into the environment.
I would expect that I will have this car for at least the next 7 years if not longer.
First service next week I hope I am still of the same mind after it.

We need to change the way we think and behave.
Wear warmer clothes in the winter instead of turning the heating up.
Stop throwing perfectly good things away ('fashion' is a climate killer)
Refuse to be influenced by new is better.
Stop 'Wasting'.
Grow up.

We need to change the way we think and behave.
Wear warmer clothes in the winter instead of turning the heating up.
Stop throwing perfectly good things away ('fashion' is a climate killer)
Refuse to be influenced by new is better.
Stop 'Wasting'.
Grow up.

Couldn't agree more

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom