A Small MG EV?

biffo

Reaction score
Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire
Driving
MG5 EV
I think a sub £15k hatchback with a 25-30kWh battery and 100-125 mile range could complete with VW e-Up!, Fiat 500e & Mini.

If something came along for the new 22 registration then it could do well.

EricGao

Reaction score
China
Driving
MG ZS EV
there is somthing like what you say

clever-kv.jpg

biffo

Reaction score
Driving
MG5 EV

clever-kv.jpg
That looks £10-£12k Fiat Cinquecento - definitely a place in city and suburban life for those - an MG1EV? Additionally need a Mini sized MG3EV at £15-£18k

AdamMGEV

Reaction score
Liverpool
Driving
MG5 EV
Ye thats too small for any motorway driving, or anything over 60mph I'd feel safe in. Needs to be the MG3, Hyundai i20, Seat Ibiza type size.

AdamMGEV

Reaction score
Liverpool
Driving
MG5 EV
About time they bring it out. I did think it would be 2022 so that's a shame

BarryH

Reaction score
Chelmsford
Driving
MG ZS EV

clever-kv.jpg
That site seems to show the full ROWIE line up and of which could show up on our shores with MG badge as did the MG5

JohnInFrance

Standard Member
Reaction score
Bordeaux
Driving
MG ZS EV
There is definitely a market for a £15k-£20k small hatchback - essentially a Corsa-e for 75% of the price.
Take a look at the Dacia Spring - these things can't get out of the dealers fast enough here in France, there is already a 6-8 month wait.

Small, great city car (awful on highways), not fast but more than good enough for its intended use and most importantly, cheap - here in France, with the new car EV bonus you can buy one for €12k; as a second/city car that's unbeatable - now that's an area MG should be targeting.

biffo

Reaction score
Driving
MG5 EV
Take a look at the Dacia Spring - these things can't get out of the dealers fast enough here in France, there is already a 6-8 month wait.

Small, great city car (awful on highways), not fast but more than good enough for its intended use and most importantly, cheap - here in France, with the new car EV bonus you can buy one for €12k; as a second/city car that's unbeatable - now that's an area MG should be targeting.
I don't think that's reached the UK yet

JohnInFrance

Standard Member
Reaction score
Bordeaux
Driving
MG ZS EV
I don't think that's reached the UK yet
China (as a Renault) and Europe only at the moment as there is no RHD tooling. Rumors are a decision on whether to bring it to the UK are due this month, but heck, rumors are rumors eh?

It's great little car if one's expectations are correctly set, we've hired one a few times and seriously, it's cheap, a bit tinny and not fast, but it's a car built for a purpose and it does that really well. Where I could see it really doing well in the UK is on car-club fleets such as Zipcar in London. Here's one we rented.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 17.30.49.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

2022 New Year News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom