• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

A Small MG EV?

I say stick a 75kw battery on it an you'll have a 350 mile range car possibly for a reasonable price hopefully knowing MG. That would get a lot of people then into the EV market. People don't want EV's because of range.... and price, but if MG can deliver a small hatchback in over 300 mile range I don't think anyone else has done that. I for one would buy one.
My personal thoughts are that it might be excessive to have a 350 mile small car - but, if the market research proves there is a demand, then why not!!

I was thinking more of a 150 mile standard, 250 mile LR and 200 mile performance model - but, to be utterly honest, I don't really have any knowledge other than the format which works for Tesla 🤷‍♂️

They may be waiting for Elon's Model 2 to appear as the price is reputed to be very affordable
I thought I heard stories that he'd abandoned that for now? Not sure if it was a lack of demand or lack of company resources when they seem more interested in their DeLorean 4x4

I thought I heard stories that he'd abandoned that for now? Not sure if it was a lack of demand or lack of company resources when they seem more interested in their DeLorean 4x4
not sure biffo, I see a lot of YouTube videos proclaiming its on track, as for resources is it not now a 1B dollar company ?

not sure biffo, I see a lot of YouTube videos proclaiming its on track, as for resources is it not now a 1B dollar company ?
I meant more from a logistics perspective rather than financial - see some stories kicking around, saying Model 2 was delayed "We’re not currently working on a $25,000 car,” Musk said on the call. “We have too much on our plate."

Seen a few stories similar to this one

as for resources is it not now a 1B dollar company ?
It was briefly a Trillion dollar company (1000 billion). About equal to most car companies combined.

But Tesla has a lot on their plate, with massive growing pains. Two giga-factories are coming online, and this year they will search for the next one (or will it be two, I forget). FSD is consuming a lot of resources, and they see that as critical to the company. There is also solar batteries etc that no other car company deals with, at least so far. With all that and the supply shortage, not introducing a new model this year makes sense.

Except of course that they have 3 new models, 4 if you include Tesla Semi, promised years ago.

They may be waiting for Elon's Model 2 to appear as the price is reputed to be very affordable
Yes that throws a spanner in the works or shakes up the competition, whichever side of the fence you are on.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom