A1/M1/M69 area

dragon2611

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Is it me or is this terrible for charger availability in terms of almost everything except for wetherby only being 1 or 2 50kw chargers?

There's some possible 120KW instavolt sites nearby, but these often only have 2 chargers as well.
Wheres all the hubs for this side of the country?

Is it me or is this terrible for charger availability in terms of almost everything except for wetherby only being 1 or 2 50kw chargers?

There's some possible 120KW instavolt sites nearby, but these often only have 2 chargers as well.
When you find out, could you please let me know? :ROFLMAO:

You confused me with Wetherby as the one I know is A1/M1 but nowhere near M69

You confused me with Wetherby as the one I know is A1/M1 but nowhere near M69
Title was A1/M1/M69 ;-)

I was looking pretty much from Near Newcastle down to the Midlands wetherby was the only hub I saw along that route, all the other MSA's seem to be the normal 1-2 Gridserve chargers.

Can't see anything obvious near the A1/other motorways either, few Instavolt sites but again only 1-2 chargers.

Given a lot more people have EV's now gives me a bit of charger anxiety, esp as range is considerably less in winter

Title was A1/M1/M69 ;-)

I was looking pretty much from Near Newcastle down to the Midlands wetherby was the only hub I saw along that route, all the other MSA's seem to be the normal 1-2 Gridserve chargers.

Can't see anything obvious near the A1/other motorways either, few Instavolt sites but again only 1-2 chargers.

Given a lot more people have EV's now gives me a bit of charger anxiety, esp as range is considerably less in winter
I'm with you now. :D

Yep, there isn't much in the way of multi charger stops along that route but that's probably 'cos us poor northern folk can't afford leccy cars so don't need them :unsure:

I'm with you now. :D

Yep, there isn't much in the way of multi charger stops along that route but that's probably 'cos us poor northern folk can't afford leccy cars so don't need them :unsure:
The governments target is 300000 public chargers by 2030. Zap map data showed there is 37000 available ending 2022. So that would mean they need to install just over 32000 a year to hit their target. They installed 8700 last year. Seems they need to crack on pronto.

There again this is newspaper news so who knows what is correct and what isn’t.

I am with you guys, Dishi Rishi needs to include EV chargers in his levelling up.

Not so sure it's the government who installs them. They can't be blamed for everything!

I've heard of some quite large expansion plans for existing sites, and plans for new sites but no idea how that weighs up against any targets.

With the negative press that EVs seem to attract, and ICE cars having a loyal following, and the cost of a new EV, and the current financial squeeze, maybe the sales predictions will not be realised anyway.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom