Kerno

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi I had a 300 mile drive yesterday in the sunshine and I found the aircon fairly inadequate. I had the system on recirculate and the blower one down from full and the air just was not that cold. Also I take it the front windows on the HS are not tinted as it was like sitting in a greenhouse, this is something I have never noticed on previous cars. If this is the case could anyone recommend a legal window tinting company?

Many thanks

Paul

There are shades on line which can be remove which I was thing of getting have a look for them

If the aircon is not blowing ice cold from the vents then you need to take it back to the dealer.
Yes I did think this was going to be the only option. It certainly is not ice cold, dealer is over 50miles away so a bit of a pain.
Thanks for your advice 👍

A near by garage could check if you have gas in the system,

Hi
I posted above a garage would be able to see if you had gas in the system, I have been reading on A/C on a EV / Hybrid car, as the car has no drive from the ICE, the system is driven by a electric motor Which gets power from the high voltage bat so needs special trained person to work on it. Even you may not use the A/C all the time it is still working keeping the battery cool.

Hi Kerno,
I live in the Algarve where the sun is strong almost all year round. I live in the hills where it is even hotter (typically 20 degrees in the winter and can get up to 40 degrees in the summer!!) I use my HS PHEV constantly with the A/C running and is always lovely and cold no matter what fan speed is used. If yours is not performing similarly, I think there must be a problem. I also wanted to get my front windows more tinted (even although the car was supplied with factory tints). I was also told that it is possible, but , its illegal (european standards and all that!!)

Hi Kerno,
I live in the Algarve where the sun is strong almost all year round. I live in the hills where it is even hotter (typically 20 degrees in the winter and can get up to 40 degrees in the summer!!) I use my HS PHEV constantly with the A/C running and is always lovely and cold no matter what fan speed is used. If yours is not performing similarly, I think there must be a problem. I also wanted to get my front windows more tinted (even although the car was supplied with factory tints). I was also told that it is possible, but , its illegal (european standards and all that!!)
Hi Jock,
Thanks for the information, I do think that I have an issue with the aircon, will get it checked out by the dealer soon.
As far as the window tints are concerned you can get a clear heat reflecting tint that can be installed on the windscreen as well as the front side windows that is totally legal. I have made a couple of enquires into this once I get a response from the tinters I will update you. I think the main issue is the windows on the HS are large and with it being a lot higher up than a normal saloon car attracts more sunlight. I just haven't noticed the heat before in other vehicles like I do with this one. The weather in the UK is getting hotter so they say so might not be totally down to the HS windows.

Paul

I have a HS Phev that has pretty poor air con. Nowhere near as cool as my other car or others I have owned. I think this may be a common complaint.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom