All electric house.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I use Gas for cooking and heating and electric for everything else.
I was wondering what happens to the gas connection if I went all electric.
Would I still have to pay a gas standing charge, would the gas supplier come and remove the meter etc ?

from Octopus:

"It’s your energy supplier’s job to remove your gas meter and make sure the incoming gas supply is capped. Right now, because we get so few requests, we offer this service for free.
Once the meter has been removed and the supply has been capped, you won’t have to pay a daily standing charge for gas.
"

Other suppliers may charge though. Switch and ditch?

We're renovating a house and are going through the process of going all electric, PV's, Battery storage, air source heat pump etc. We have had the gas meter removed.

Don't forget that having the gas meter removed still means you have a live gas service pipe to your house. If it's damaged, gas can still enter your property with all the risks that brings. You can get the service cut off and capped where it connects to the main - typically in the street - to remove (most of) this risk. That's likely to be chargeable though.

Don't forget that having the gas meter removed still means you have a live gas service pipe to your house. If it's damaged, gas can still enter your property with all the risks that brings. You can get the service cut off and capped where it connects to the main - typically in the street - to remove (most of) this risk. That's likely to be chargeable though.
Yes this is what we had to have done.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom