An unexepected event this morning!

dgs99

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had the car on charge last night (MG5 pre-facelift) and when I went to remove charging cable this morning I noticed all four windows were wide open.
As it had rained in the night the seats were all wet. Windows closed fine, and all all seems normal otherwise with the car and it is charged up.
Had this happened to anyone else? Normally, if I leave a window open the car horn sounds when locked but I'm 100% certain all the windows were closed
when I left it charging last nigh.

I don’t have an MG5 but comfort opening is a common function on many car makes and models (apologies if you already knew this). If you press and hold the open button on the key fob it will fully open all the windows (allows the car to ventilate and cool before you get in on a hot day). If you press and hold the close button all windows will close. What normally causes problems is putting the keys in your pocket (or handbag) and something accidentally pressing the open button. If no door is opened, after a short period the car will relock but the windows stay open. I’m assuming you don’t have a sunroof because that is part of comfort opening and would have been wide open as well (if the button was pressed for long enough). I hope this solved your query.

Ah! Thanks, I did not know that. It makes sense, I must have pressed the key accidentally.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom