Anderson Chargers watch this if you own one

I'm not surprised considering the price of them. Looks over substance.

Hi Les - Watched this from Jordan last night.
It is sad they have gone to the wall, they did make one the nicest looking wall boxes to be fair, but they did come at a more expensive price as well !.
Shame that 40 jobs have been lost 😞.
Also, if you have laid out that sort of money and your unit develops a fault, or the App features are turned off, you are pretty much screwed, unless some else takes it over of course.
Now it has completely gone bust and worth very little ( to nothing ) you would suspect that somebody could come in now and get it at a knock down price maybe ?.
If not, people maybe forced into replacing the whole wall box and installing another make.
Which is NOT going to go down well to be honest.
As more and more wall boxes have entered the market at more competitive price, then Anderson have found it a difficult in the market place.
Recent cost of living rises etc and the lack of the PIG grant, have not helped at all either.
Jordan’s “Go To” wall box of choice ( and has been for a while ) is either the Hypervolt or the Zappi from Myenergy.
Wall boxes are becoming more and more complicated these days and companies are having to move quickly with the times.
Now having to build units that will automatically delay / stagger the start times, when EV’s are plugged in on mass at peak demand times for instance.
Zappi are working on these type of units now.
A lot to be said for the older type of dumb wall boxes that are very simple and basic I guess.
New technology is great when it’s working correctly, but a real pain in the bum when it goes wrong.

@Miles Roberts CG has one of these at home I believe.
Yes he does !.
I did inform him just in case he might have missed it in thread, a neighbour of mine also has one, which was only fitted about 4/5 months back lovely unit it is hopefully neither of them will have any problems with them, I did look at one myself 2 years back but at the time it was about £200 more than the Zappi which I went with because the installer when he came to look at the job said there would not be any issue fitting it just in side the garage door and not on the front of my house so I went with that, save me a few bob as well has the consumer unit is only 1 meter away from my Zappi but at the time I was under the impression that chargers had to be fitted on the outside of the property.
Les.

Thanks for posting Les, did hear a snippet on the news about them. Unfortunately l also have an Anderson A2, fitted back in March and only used a few times since receiving the ZS end of September. I paid a bit extra as well, needed a longer 8.5M cable and an adaptive fuse. Also main reason for getting it was it is positioned near my front door on a rendered wall, hardly noticeable with the colour chosen. Only sweetener is l saved £600 via grants. So it's fingers and toes crossed for me and hopefully another enterprise takes it on in some form. Of course the worst news is the 40 odd employees now redundant, hoping they all find suitable employment very soon.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom