Android Auto App downloader

Jester27

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Afternoon guys,

Have been playing around with this app from a developer on GitHub.

It's basically a way to get a few extra apps on Android Auto without your phone being rooted.
I think it's one app per month unless you go Pro version.
There are a few screen mirroring apps you can download that work well, I'm using one called AA Stream
It is enabling me to have my phone screen mirrored on the head unit.
So I've been using it with torque pro to show charge % and some of the other PID information too.

received_145976510830332.jpeg

There are a couple more mirror apps on there too, bit this was the first I've downloaded and it works really well.

Basically anything that is on your phone screen will be mirrored
And yes that includes video too
(Not that I advise that for safety reasons 😉)
Only downside with video screen mirror is the audio doesn't go to the head unit and needs to be played through the phone.

Will see what the other apps do over the next month or soor if you try one let us know below, as it's only 1 app per month for the free version.

Find the link for AAAD here

Last edited:
See available apps below
Couple of others on 2nd pic that were off the bottom of the screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210507-124710_AAAD.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-124710_AAAD.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Screenshot_20210507-124717_AAAD.jpg
    Screenshot_20210507-124717_AAAD.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 193
Ok have just paid for the pro version
only €3.50
Carstream app plays YouTube videos (with audio)
Will add others once tried out

Last edited:
Afternoon guys,

Have been playing around with this app from a developer on GitHub.

It's basically a way to get a few extra apps on Android Auto without your phone being rooted.
I think it's one app per month unless you go Pro version.
There are a few screen mirroring apps you can download that work well, I'm using one called AA Stream
It is enabling me to have my phone screen mirrored on the head unit.
So I've been using it with torque pro to show charge % and some of the other PID information too.

View attachment 3154

There are a couple more mirror apps on there too, bit this was the first I've downloaded and it works really well.

Basically anything that is on your phone screen will be mirrored
And yes that includes video too
(Not that I advise that for safety reasons 😉)
Only downside with video screen mirror is the audio doesn't go to the head unit and needs to be played through the phone.

Will see what the other apps do over the next month or soor if you try one let us know below, as it's only 1 app per month for the free version.

Find the link for AAAD here

I tried it out but the mirror app I chose (AA mirror plus - I was avoiding the russian one ) seemed to mirror in low resolution to the head unit.
Touching the head unit screen did nothing in the original app, so you need your phone where you can get at it.

I was also displaying the Torque plus screen and had to move the phone to get it in landscape view.

Currently AAAD just stalls with "loading" : :cry:

Last edited:
I tried it out but the mirror app I chose (AA mirror plus - I was avoiding the russian one ) seemed to mirror in low resolution to the head unit.
Touching the head unit screen did nothing in the original app, so you need your phone where you can get at it.

I was also displaying the Torque plus screen and had to move the phone to get it in landscape view.

Currently AAAD just stalls with "loading"
If you use any mirror app, it is just that, it only shows what is on your phones screen.
No touch etc.

The other apps I tried above, are full A/Auto apps though, so touch works ok with them.
Its obviously still a work in progress for the developer, but its not too bad so far.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom