Android Auto apps

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My AA has updated now and has the nice split screen but I was wondering how do you get rid of unwanted app icons on the screen tray/taskbar at the bottom (not the big screen with all the apps that you initially select from.) This also relates to before the update, I couldn't fathom it then either.

The taskbar is great for re-selecting apps quickly but I used a couple of apps just to check them and will probably never use them again but the icons sit there in the bar at the bottom just staring at me.

The taskbar is on or off (in Android Auto settings on your phone - Show quick controls for apps on/off)).

I understood the content varies depending on what Google thinks you might need.

On my Android phone (Moto G8 power) to add or remove apps from AA select
Settings, Apps and notifications, See all apps, Android Auto, Advanced, scroll down to Additional settings in the app, under General select Customise launcher. You can then add or remove the ticks on which apps you do or do not want.

I think that's just the main app screen Ian, not the taskbar (which maybe a new appearance in the latest releases of AA)

The taskbar is on or off (in Android Auto settings on your phone - Show quick controls for apps on/off)).

I understood the content varies depending on what Google thinks you might need.
Yep, I want it the taskbar there, but I want to get rid of old apps I'm unlikely to use for some time. For example the Electroverse one, which I briefly checked but I won't need again until at least May which will probably be my next charging on the road.

Hopefully Google will be clever enough to realise I'm not using it and get rid of it on it's own..

On my Android phone (Moto G8 power) to add or remove apps from AA select
Settings, Apps and notifications, See all apps, Android Auto, Advanced, scroll down to Additional settings in the app, under General select Customise launcher. You can then add or remove the ticks on which apps you do or do not want.
Thanks, I've already removed most of the apps I will never use (lots), now left with some used a lot and some used rarely.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom