Android Auto wireless connection question.

SusanT

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi I'm in Sydney Australia. Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless adapter for Android Auto in my HS Plug-in? I have read that the Carlinkit 4.0 does not work with Android version 10. I have a Samsung S9 and would like to get rid of the annoying cable needed to use Android Auto. Thanks.

Hi Susan,
I've been using Carsifi since February with no problems. It's a great bit of kit.

Hi I'm in Sydney Australia. Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless adapter for Android Auto in my HS Plug-in? I have read that the Carlinkit 4.0 does not work with Android version 10. I have a Samsung S9 and would like to get rid of the annoying cable needed to use Android Auto. Thanks.
If I read correctly your current phone is a Galaxy S9. If that is correct you should attempt to upgrade you phone to to a S10 or S20 minimum if you have the funds. A good S20FE for example is a good bet and good prices as well. Then Android Car play will run with no problems and especially if you purchase an AA or similar.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the carsifi with my S9 and its working fairly well. Just an intermittent framing error when it drops out but reconnects quite quickly. I haven't worked out what exactly a framing error is yet. Compared to the software in the MG car (which is very, very poor) it's not too bad.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the carsifi with my S9 and its working fairly well. Just an intermittent framing error when it drops out but reconnects quite quickly. I haven't worked out what exactly a framing error is yet. Compared to the software in the MG car (which is very, very poor) it's not too bad.
If it works then fine however "framing error" mainly relates to com port issues. Try rebooting your phone before you use it in your car. It cant do any harm.
Second get a small can of top quality quick dry contact cleaner to spray on the cable connections in particular the on the USB to the car. Again can't do any harm.
Also has your phone been able to have the latest Android updates ? ....to the latest version..current is
One UI v 5.0, Android v 13. if I am not mistaken.

It could also be that your phone can no longer be updated yet the carsifi unit is updated to the current version. It is not unknown for newest versions of 'apps' do not play nice with older OS.

I see that your phone was launched on 25th February 2018 so yours is around 4 years 9 months young. If your phone worked flawlessly with your carsifi at the begining and is now deteriorating then it is quite possible 'end of life' of one or the other is looming "perhaps".
Good luck.....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom