ANPR ON CHARGERS

Mr B

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Having recently fallen foul of a car park ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) system, I wondered if the same technology could be built into charging points to deter ICE vehicles blocking much needed spaces. Thoughts please.....

There has to be a profit in it for car park operators or it won't happen. Dedicating a camera system to a couple of spaces is an expensive option for them.

Most charging spaces are free to use when charging. The charge point provider is losing income through lost electric sales, so the incoming fines would probably offset the installation fee.

More surveillance, that's all we need...

Free charges for me, e.g. in supermarkets, are paid for by the local council so if that's the case everywhere the owner of the charger isn't losing out. I agree it's a problem, but I don't think this is the answer, especially as Parking Eye and the like seem to be prevalent already in these areas and we all know how reliable they can be with parking fines (have had issues with them myself).

EV Parking Management (a subsidiary of Alfa Power) are trying to do this.

I'm new to all his, but finding that local Tescos for one are using ANPR and charging for overstaying your welcome.

I'm new to all his, but finding that local Tescos for one are using ANPR and charging for overstaying your welcome.
Tesco car parks have always had anpr and charged for overstaying, I guess they are just applying the same to the podpoints.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom