Anyone needing a van

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Went on Monday with my son to a VW/Skoda dealership in the New forest, it was the nearest Place we could find to London with one of these vans so as to take a look at it.
It’s an LDV van which is made by SAIC in China also known as the SAIC Maxus, full electric around 120 miles of range great bit of kit for local work for anyone needing a quite large van.
I drove it back to London around 135 miles and it is very very easy to drive auto Regen only one driving mode in forward or backwards lots of under steer you soon get use to that but limited to 62 mph, which is fine for what my son wants as he works in and around the city there are quite a few of these floating around at the moment they where all ordered by amazon I believe and resprayed gray as in amazon colours, they where white when the came over to the UK and are kitted out very nicely in side, we looked at this very same van in 2021 at the fully charged live show in Farnborough, and at that time they where around £59000 and unfitted with anything, the one we bought had less than 1000 miles on it and we paid £20000 plus vat. Bargain in any bodies book the pictures below is not the van we bought but is identical several on autotrader
Les

. 655992E8-F6CF-4D49-BEB4-1C9F07A06E16.png
Les

Last edited:
Would be great for a camper an conversion. Could easily drive this round Europe with plenty of cheap charging.

Does it come with free Amazon prime?

Very good value. Well done.

Begs the question.....Why did Amazon ditch them when so new with so little miles? It's like buying a demonstrator, but better.

Possibly. But surely these are cheaper to run? And have a better company image etc?
Depends how much Amazon have to pay for their electricity, not being capped of course, plus the capital that would be tied up in them sat there depreciating & under utilised as per 1000miles in 2 years 🤷‍♂️

Very good value. Well done.

Begs the question.....Why did Amazon ditch them when so new with so little miles? It's like buying a demonstrator, but better.
Well your dead right and we have no idea why amazon have not used them there might be a catch somewhere but we can’t see where, even got about 3.5 years left on a 5 year warranty, they must have spent a good further grand or more to rack them out no plywood here all aluminium it is, the way it’s been done is fantastic even the bulk head behind the seats as been removed and a new aluminium one fitted with a sliding door which is also lockable, if you need a van and can live with the range it’s a no brainier, there is still a few on the autotrader some a bit cheaper and some with even less mileage on them.
Les

Last edited:
Went on Monday with my son to a VW/Skoda dealership in the New forest, it was the nearest Place we could find to London with one of these vans so as to take a look at it.
It’s an LDV van which is made by SAIC in China also known as the SAIC Maxus, full electric around 120 miles of range great bit of kit for local work for anyone needing a quite large van.
I drove it back to London around 135 miles and it is very very easy to drive auto Regen only one driving mode in forward or backwards lots of under steer you soon get use to that but limited to 62 mph, which is fine for what my son wants as he works in and around the city there are quite a few of these floating around at the moment they where all ordered by amazon I believe and resprayed gray as in amazon colours, they where white when the came over to the UK and are kitted out very nicely in side, we looked at this very same van in 2021 at the fully charged live show in Farnborough, and at that time they where around £59000 and unfitted with anything, the one we bought had less than 1000 miles on it and we paid £20000 plus vat. Bargain in any bodies book the pictures below is not the van we bought but is identical several on autotrader
Les

.View attachment 10353
Les
That’s a silly price, clearly the right place, right time.

Well your dead right and we have no idea why amazon have not used them there might be a catch somewhere but we can’t see where, even got about 3.5 years left on a 5 year warranty, they must have spent a good further grand or more to rack them out no plywood here all aluminium it is, the way it’s been done is fantastic even the bulk head behind the seats as been removed and a new aluminium one fitted with a sliding door which is also lockable, if you need a van and can live with the range it’s a no brainier, there is still a few on the autotrader some a bit cheaper and some with even less mileage on them.
Les

Wow ho Wow thank you for your posing AK OK now I do feel my sons got a Bargins as I said before we did look at these at fully charged live 2021 and was being quoted £59000 inc vat back then.
But it is ideal for him really working in the city a fair amount I knew somebody would know what happen and why Amazon had sold them off unbelievable really thank you again.
Les.
Ps I will buy him a 12v battery if needed.

Wow ho Wow thank you for your posing AK OK now I do feel my sons got a Bargins as I said before we did look at these at fully charged live 2021 and was being quoted £59000 inc vat back then.
But it is ideal for him really working in the city a fair amount I knew somebody would know what happen and why Amazon had sold them off unbelievable really thank you again.
Les.
No probs Les, glad my "posing" has (finally) borne fruit 🤣

In a previous life l owned a courier company, these would
Les.
Love it when a plan comes together 😊

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom