App front windscreen defrost not working

ChrisDunsheath

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone
i have ZS EV Mk2
for the past few weeks each time i try to use the app and front windscreen defrost function it fails. i’ve tried with car not plugged in, plugged in, opened and closed doors, unlocked and relocated but it just won’t work. I have also reset the security code in case i was putting in the wrong number but still no good. I had some software updates done at MG Burnley during the summer so not sure if this has anything to do with it.
last winter it was fine.
I just get this error message.
I know the servers can be a bit poor but constant failure seems odd.
Any ideas welcome
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7164.png
    IMG_7164.png
    383 KB · Views: 52
Hi everyone
i have ZS EV Mk2
for the past few weeks each time i try to use the app and front windscreen defrost function it fails. i’ve tried with car not plugged in, plugged in, opened and closed doors, unlocked and relocated but it just won’t work. I have also reset the security code in case i was putting in the wrong number but still no good. I had some software updates done at MG Burnley during the summer so not sure if this has anything to do with it.
last winter it was fine.
Any ideas welcome
Thanks
Dies the car scan ok? I always do a scan before activating the heater it seems to help it work.

Upvote 0
Dies the car scan ok? I always do a scan before activating the heater it seems to help it work.
I always run the scan twice, in order for it to populate all of the data.
When scanning only once, it will normally return a blank reading for the interior temperature and incorrectly report the status of the sky roof.

Hi everyone
i have ZS EV Mk2
last winter it was fine.
Any ideas welcome
Thanks
When you are trying to preheat / defrost the car from the App, open the App and just select the A/C button, second from the left.
When this returns a successful command it will default to providing heat from all of the vents inside of the car.
This is ideal for defrosting the car etc.
If you can go back into the App, in the top right hand corner of the screen, you will now see a HVAC tab.
If you click on this tab, it will allow you to increase the temperature settings etc.
Sometimes I have seen the fail command warning appear on the screen of my phone.

Upvote 0
I always run the scan twice, in order for it to populate all of the data.
When scanning only once, it will normally return a blank reading for the interior temperature and incorrectly report the status of the sky roof.
tried the 2 scan but still fails

When you are trying to preheat / defrost the car from the App, open the App and just select the A/C button, second from the left.
When this returns a successful command it will default to providing heat from all of the vents inside of the car.
This is ideal for defrosting the car etc.
If you can go back into the App, in the top right hand corner of the screen, you will now see a HVAC tab.
If you click on this tab, it will allow you to increase the temperature settings etc.
Sometimes I have seen the fail command warning appear on the screen of my phone.
thanks but i get the same failure message with that as well

Upvote 0
Are all of the App commands returning the same result ?.
Are you able lock and unlock the car from the App ?.
At least this should prove if the car is receiving the command.
not tried the lock or unlock function however the other 3 functions all return the same error. The app is connecting to the car as i can see battery status and current location when i open it

Just tried my heating and it works ok (normally in garage so I generally don't bother with it) what I did find though was lock and unlock only works over data, if I try to use it over wifi it fails.
i have tried with wifi switched off and still get the same failure message. it would be good to know what error message 59 is

Upvote 0
not tried the lock or unlock function however the other 3 functions all return the same error. The app is connecting to the car as i can see battery status and current location when i open it
It may just be connecting to the server and displaying the data which is stored there. Have you checked the battery % and miles in the app with that in the car?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom