Are used car prices coming down?

Deleted member 6627

Reaction score
As the title says are used car prices coming down? I have tracked the value of my MG5 over the past couple of months using Cazoo. Thy are offering £1500 less than 2 months ago. I am obviously putting miles on the car but not that many. It is still worth more than I paid for it so I'm not grumbling....and I'm not selling any time soon.

Anybody else feel like the big rises have come to an end?

I am tracking my ZSEV through Arnold Clark as I await delivery of my MG4 in January.
The value has dropped over the last two months but not by much. Then again any reductions in the trade in value are offset by the reductions that I owe to the finance company.

I have also calculated my likely mileage by the time I trade my car in and I am using that to get a valuation now which is useful for tracking purposes.

Don't all new cars lose price as soon as you drive your new car home done so for yes will happen I think

Don't all new cars lose price as soon as you drive your new car home done so for yes will happen I think
No, not in recent times. A quick search through the forums show numerous people who have sold for more than they paid. This can be years, not weeks or months, after they bought the car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom