Aviemore new chargers

5teep

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Two locations in the village, a huge charger at the BP station (Pulse obviously) that looks to be in service and 2 Rapid chargers in the Premiere Inn car park that are probably 50kw, not in service yet. They are branded ABB but no idea what network they will be on.

That makes six rapid chargers in the village now, handy for anyone travelling on the A9.

/edit Premiere Inn will be Geniepoint (Engie)

Last edited:
Yes they are, I've never been near them so I don't know what's available though. I think they are in the Macdonald Hotel complex.

Apparently Public - as stated and non Tesla price tariff

1691017107376.png

Same rate as the ForEV chargers in the town and cheaper than the council one.

Charging in Aviemore earlier this week:
  • CPS (car park next to the public toilets) - CCS fine, type 2 cable is destroyed (photo) & reported
  • Fuuse (High Range Hotel) - CCS fine, needs Fuuse app. Unit 1 is pink on LHS, as the units are not numbered this needed a swift repositioning from unit 2 when the blue light on Unit 1 went on
  • Tesla - did not try

Coming soon
  • Travelodge - 2 rapid units were being commissioned this week.
  • BP garage - a huge rapid charger partly installed, surrounded by construction fences at the moment

Nearby
Kingussie - 3 Rapid chargers in main car park. With toilets and a short stroll to the local shops, more scenic and 5 mins from A9

IMG_7111.jpg

I'd guess the chargeplace scotland charger in the main carpark will be removed or replaced sometime before next summer, if the new law comes into effect, as it does not have contactless.

The 2 charges at the Premier Inn are now live (my previous post said Travel lodge - sorry) Geniepoint 79p/kWh 50kW.
1694993273090.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom