Avon & Somerset police dipping their toe in the EV waters.

Gadget Geek

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Saw this police car this morning pulled up opposite our house. I've seen it about for a couple of months now but never managed to get a photo.
Police car.jpg

And yes, that's the front of my ZS in the foreground. :)
Has anyone else seen emergency service EV's?

No, but I saw an electric black cab waiting to charge on the village charger here earlier this week. I'd never have realised it was electric, no green flash on the number plate, looked exactly like any other black cab, except it was waiting in the EV-only parking spot while a Leaf was charging. On my way back the Leaf had gone and the taxi was charging, charging port in the middle front of the vehicle.

I've heard of people using EVs as taxis, but I didn't know they were building the classic black cab in an EV model.

No, but I saw an electric black cab waiting to charge on the village charger here earlier this week. I'd never have realised it was electric, no green flash on the number plate, looked exactly like any other black cab, except it was waiting in the EV-only parking spot while a Leaf was charging. On my way back the Leaf had gone and the taxi was charging, charging port in the middle front of the vehicle.

I've heard of people using EVs as taxis, but I didn't know they were building the classic black cab in an EV model.
There is a Fully Charged episode on them. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom