• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Bad day/good day

EV Oil Worker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have been waiting patently for the last month on getting my EST loan sorted out to buy a new MG5. Everything was approved and I got the confirmation on Wednesday that the money had been sent, so I was looking forward to picking up my new car next week.

Then this morning on the way to work, the engine suddenly cut out and I got the engine management warning sound/light on.
After I pulled over, found this:

preview

That puddle is Diesel.

Not a great day.

While sitting at the side of the road waiting for the breakdown recovery group to arrive, I decided to have a check at my bank account, there was a small chance the money would arrive this morning though I expected it would be into next week. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the money was there. I phoned the dealership to confirm the bank details for me to send the money to.

The sales person mentioned that the car was available, and if I could get the money to them that day, I could drive away today.

At lunch, I hitched a lift from my dad over to the dealership and picked it up then. After work, I went over to the garage that my blue car was recovered to and collected the car seats and then collected the kids. They approve of the new car.

Certainly not the day I had planned, but I am happy with how it turned out.

Nothing yet. Been recovered to a local garage, but has sat outside untouched.

Mechanic was too busy on Friday (staff shortage) and hopes to have a look on Monday.

I remember taking my old Frontera to the dealership as a trade in on a 406. About 5 miles from the dealer, it decided to overheat and dump a large volume of coolant 🤦‍♂️

Fingers crossed it's something simple and cheap to fix.

It has been a busy week, but on the old car was fixed on Monday. £60 for the garage to re-attach the fuel line to the fuel filter. The mechanic was confused as to how it came apart, but assures me it is going nowhere now.

Just need to make some time to sell it now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom