Rantajellona

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
I got my Marvel R Performance about a week ago and today I tried CCS charging properly for the first time. Outside temp was about -4 degC. I turned battery preheating ON about 1 hour before charging. I noticed that it didn't affect consumption or range at all. Also, the charging was slow. I had about 35 % battery left when I started charging and got about 45 kW. My previous car was ID.4 and Marvel seems to have a similar charging speed in cold. However, with battery preheating, I expect it to be better.

Is there something wrong with my car? I have software version ending with R23. Is there a newer one, which could change the preheating?

Mine was charging at about 80kW in similiar conditions. R24 is the latest version. Don't know if it affects preheating
Thanks. I need to check that with workshop. I guess that the update is not OTA, because that doesn't show anything.

Update on this. I have tried battery preheating several times, and it seems to work. There is at least min level of SOC and below that limit, preheating doesn't work. I believe min is 20 %, but I don't know the max. You can see the preheating in battery current, which increases about 10 A, so it means about 3,5 kW power. I have also checked battery temp with CarScanner, and at maxmimum it has been 13-17 degC. However, I haven't had the need to DC charge, so I don't know how much that affect.

Also, I got the software to update to R24. However, the preheating worked before that.

Hi, Rantajellona have you got any new answers or experiences to this?

Another way to see does heater work or not, is when DC charging (without preheating) and if you see quite same amount of power in charging station and in iSmart, you know there´s no heating during charging. That leads to only decreasing charging power during charging, no matter at how low power charging starts.

I also have problem with this, heater works when it wants. Yesterday it started 5 times out of 6, and some days it doesn´t start at all. I haven´t found anything which explains this. It worked at least when 80% SOC, and didn´t for example at 42%. And it has started on -25 C, but haven¨t started in -15 C for example. So temperature at least isn´t the only issue for this.

First time I went to workshop telling this, only answer I got was "car has the newest (charging) update"...

Hi, Rantajellona have you got any new answers or experiences to this?

Another way to see does heater work or not, is when DC charging (without preheating) and if you see quite same amount of power in charging station and in iSmart, you know there´s no heating during charging. That leads to only decreasing charging power during charging, no matter at how low power charging starts.

I also have problem with this, heater works when it wants. Yesterday it started 5 times out of 6, and some days it doesn´t start at all. I haven´t found anything which explains this. It worked at least when 80% SOC, and didn´t for example at 42%. And it has started on -25 C, but haven¨t started in -15 C for example. So temperature at least isn´t the only issue for this.

First time I went to workshop telling this, only answer I got was "car has the newest (charging) update"...
Yes, it is working now during driving. They updated software in service and after that preheating works. It takes about 10 A current, so power is about 3,5-4,0 kW. According to CarScanner (OBD reader) it heats the battery to about 16-20 degC (min max). Yesterday I measured the temperature while driving and got this report. Preheating with phone app doesn't seem to work.

Temperature min-max
One hour driving without preheat: 1,0-2,5
40 min preheat while driving: 12,5-18,5
Charging 40 kW 20 min: 15-21
1 hour driving without preheat: 14-19
Charging 80-60 kW 35 min: 27,5-32,5
Driving 80 min: 13-19
Preheat was on only 40 min before first charging. After that the temperature was up without preheating.

I have also tried preheating few times without charging. It seems that when temperature reaches about 20 degC (max), it is kept there.

Yes, it is working now during driving. They updated software in service and after that preheating works. It takes about 10 A current, so power is about 3,5-4,0 kW. According to CarScanner (OBD reader) it heats the battery to about 16-20 degC (min max). Yesterday I measured the temperature while driving and got this report. Preheating with phone app doesn't seem to work.

Temperature min-max
Preheat was on only 40 min before first charging. After that the temperature was up without preheating.

I have also tried preheating few times without charging. It seems that when temperature reaches about 20 degC (max), it is kept there.
Yeah I nocited preheating battery by phone doesn't work

Temperature min-max

Btw it is normal that my car takes 25%to 30% kwh when I normally drive I remember when I bought car few months ago marvel r luxury. It was -30 it had 30% kwh while driving now is 0⁰c and still 25%30 %

Btw it is normal that my car takes 25%to 30% kwh when I normally drive I remember when I bought car few months ago marvel r luxury. It was -30 it had 30% kwh while driving now is 0⁰c and still 25%30 %
30 kwh is maximum it shows, so real is something like 35 in - 30

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom