Best supplier

Ukchris

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Being a ev virgin, can anyone recommend a good dual fuel supplier for cheap night time charging?

If you call them and make a point that you need the rate for you EV surely they can't say no.

If you call them and make a point that you need the rate for you EV surely they can't say no.
Good luck trying that. All i was told is that things change daily, so keep calling……..i do have A LIFE i told them …..seriously not interested at the moment .

The whole economy has gone to the dogs

Signed up with octopus Go myself a month ago and and now fixed for 12 months at 39 pence KW daytime rate with 7.5 pence KW between 00.30-4.30. My sister phoned 2 days ago as new customer insisting on EV tarriff and put on capped rate for 14 days (28 pence KW) then to Go tariff when they have sufficient readings off smart meter. they wouldn't commit to what the day rate will be at that point. Still worth a punt as its fixed for 12 months and you can cancel before switch to GO if numbers don't work(albiet your'll be stuck on capped rate).

My standard octopus tariff is 20p kWh fixed 24p standing charge day so I’ll think I will stick with that and see, as my mum lives at home so most usage is in the day
as the Go comes out like this for me
9D6D74E8-53F6-4900-B6F4-F184A745A03A.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking forward, I use approx 18 kw of household electric a day
, I can charge car for 4 hours, circa 28 Kw at cheap rate for £2.10 (7.5 pence KW).
I use 10-12 kw in car miles so potentially I could save £47.60 per week if I could use excess (16 Kw at October £0.50 capped rate) in battery via V2L cable.
Obvious;y your restricted to output from car but could make huge difference to bills throughout winter if coupled with timers on washers, dryers and dishwashers etc.

Last edited:
My standard octopus tariff is 20p kWh fixed 24p standing charge day so I’ll think I will stick with that and see, as my mum lives at home so most usage is in the day
as the Go comes out like this for me
View attachment 10549
Forgot to add I only do about 300 miles a month so will only be charging the night before I go up to my aunts 100ish round trip
work is 32 miles round trip once a week as I’m a tramping truck driver

Is that 20p a fixed rate or the standard variable? When the launches to 52p you'll be feeling the pain. If it's fixed, I hazard that it's due to end fairly soon as 20-25p is what it was at 10-12 months ago.

Individual tariff comparisons are invariably misleading unless they are baselined on the same point in time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom