Beware auto window open function!

Swaineman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
A quick note of warning to all owners not to inadvertently open all the car windows and sunroof which happened to me yesterday resulting in a nicely washed interior by this morning!
After charging the car yesterday I put the keys in my back pocket whilst I wound up the cable and then went back into the house. What I did not realise was that a long press on the keyfob open button ( 5 seconds) automatically opens all the widows and sunroof, this is called the lazylock function .The car locked itself but left everything open and the alarm did not activate during the time it was all open. Luckily despite the rain everything seems to be working okay so far!

the lazy lock function is great to cool the car down for a few minutes before getting in on very hot days - but hey listen never leave the key in your pocket !

What a nightmare, I tried to get that to work on my car and nothing happened 🤔 hope everything dried out OK.

same here when i got the car it happend to me too it as all open for an hour in the rain, but it was not raining really hard so i was lucky....so the key is now always in my jacket and no more in my pants pockets

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom