• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Beware of bonnet avalanche!

D

Deleted member 2439

A word of caution about cars with a thick layer of snow on the bonnet. Closing the charge port on the ZS EV can be enough to dislodge this accumulation- resulting in the snow cascading forward & making your hands cold & wet! The voice of experience 🤪

Bit like the boot lid of the Tesla Model 3 causing an avalanche into the bootspace.....great bit of design!
The most recent shape Citroen C5 was exactly the same. A beautiful complex curved rear windscreen which took all the water from the boot lid & emptied it into the boot 🤪

How well does it drive in the snow on the factory tyres?
I'm guessing engine breaking/regen should come in handy.

I’ve been driving through the snow and ice Edinburgh to Glasgow for about 6 days of very cold conditions. It’s a bit slippery but ok.don’t use cruise control as the car just try’s to pull away and slides a lot. I’ve been leaving in eco mode and feathering the accelerator and lifting for regen not using the break. Quite good but feels very different from ICE car.

For the Luton area forecast we are looking at rain and snow between 03:00 and 09:00 with the heaviest deposits between 05 and 09, with the rain forecast with the snow not expecting it to settle.
For Inverness between midnight and 06 expect light rain currently a nice balmy minus 3. I love being a southern softy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom