Binding issue with new App

Andy13

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Help please….. after December upgrade to App the App stopped working and I had to reinstall. App asking for me to bing to MG4 and when I attempt this car screen states already bound to car.
I stuck as can’t unbind car from App. Any advice on how to break this chain.
Many thanks

As per above, but ... you need to login to your correct account. That's the login details you first used when creating your account. So if you first registered using phone number, use that - if email address, use that.

If your password has odd characters in it then you may need to use the Forgot Password option ... but only do that with the correct (first) login method.

Just to get my 'four penneth' in
Make sure that the car has not gone to sleep and the car and your phone have good wireless signals.

Enter the phone number, choosing the country code and entering the number with no zero, OR enter the e-mail address, that you originally used to set up the account.

Enter the password, noting siteguru's advice.

Agree to the User agreement and Privacy Policy just below the ‘Login’ button. You may need to ‘Zoom out’, or scroll down, or change other phone settings, to ensure you see the whole screen.

Tap the Login button. If this is ‘greyed out’, all the required information has not been entered correctly.

If it isn't greyed out, you should get access to your account. DO NOT 'unbind' the account from the car, this should not be necessary and may only cause problems. Don't expect all the car's information to be shown correctly. Get used to the app before doing anything drastic. You can however delete the cache from the settings menu.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom