Binding trophy connect problems

deb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
just picked up an ev trophy connect ex demo and it won’t bind. I have an account set up on the app, I can find the qr code and the car recognises me but it just doesn’t bind. All the features on the app just ask me to bind again. Any ideas please?

sorted thanks. I needed to get the dealer to unbind it from their sales rep as it’s ex demo.
This has been a common problem with X Demo cars.
Some kind soul thought is was a good idea to "BIND" his phone to a car while out on a test drive !.
MG had to remove that person's phone at their end of things.

just picked up an ev trophy connect ex demo and it won’t bind. I have an account set up on the app, I can find the qr code and the car recognises me but it just doesn’t bind. All the features on the app just ask me to bind again. Any ideas please?
Can I ask where did you find the QR code. New car and can’t find it anywhere it’s probably me looking in the wrong place.
Thanks

Can I ask where did you find the QR code. New car and can’t find it anywhere it’s probably me looking in the wrong place.
Thanks
We had to do a factory reset due to it being ex demo. This video should help you though

I’ve just taken delivery of a Trophy Connect Long Range and was struggling to bind the car to the app. Searching just resulted in lots of advice around activating the car and then just scanning the QR code. I did all this and the car appeared logged into my account but the car just didn’t appear in the app.

On this model there is an additional step that I just couldn’t find documented anywhere! Once the car is logged in there’s a new button at the top to link the car. When you tap on it, a screen is displayed that just seems to be some sort of help screen with 3 instructions.
1) Scan the QR code to download the app.
2) Register of login to you account.
3) Scan the QR code in the app.
I did this numerous times, logging the car out by switching accounts but, every time, it just logged in but wouldn’t link.

What wasn’t obvious is that, on the help screen that appeared, the QR code displayed at step 3 isn’t just a representation of the initial QR code that I used to log onto the app, it’s actually the one you need to scan to link the car. Maybe I’m just a bit dumb or was overthinking it! Anyway, I scanned that code in the app and was then prompted to set a 4 digit security code and everything was then linked.

I hope this helps others!

I’ve just taken delivery of a Trophy Connect Long Range and was struggling to bind the car to the app. Searching just resulted in lots of advice around activating the car and then just scanning the QR code. I did all this and the car appeared logged into my account but the car just didn’t appear in the app.

On this model there is an additional step that I just couldn’t find documented anywhere! Once the car is logged in there’s a new button at the top to link the car. When you tap on it, a screen is displayed that just seems to be some sort of help screen with 3 instructions.
1) Scan the QR code to download the app.
2) Register of login to you account.
3) Scan the QR code in the app.
I did this numerous times, logging the car out by switching accounts but, every time, it just logged in but wouldn’t link.

What wasn’t obvious is that, on the help screen that appeared, the QR code displayed at step 3 isn’t just a representation of the initial QR code that I used to log onto the app, it’s actually the one you need to scan to link the car. Maybe I’m just a bit dumb or was overthinking it! Anyway, I scanned that code in the app and was then prompted to set a 4 digit security code and everything was then linked.

I hope this helps others!
I've tried this, but no good for me. The dealer says the former owner have un-bound the car, but my car says someone has it bound. I'm stuck for now...

I've tried this, but no good for me. The dealer says the former owner have un-bound the car, but my car says someone has it bound. I'm stuck for now...
Yes, this does assume that the car isn’t already bound to someone else. There really should be a way for dealer’s to just unbind cars in appropriate circumstances!

How do you know the car is already bound? I'm unable to bind to my car and get a "Dynamic Code verify failed" at the bottom of the screen, is that what you see?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221203-115552.png
    Screenshot_20221203-115552.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
How do you know the car is already bound? I'm unable to bind to my car and get a "Dynamic Code verify failed" at the bottom of the screen, is that what you see?
In an attempt to get it working I tried to reset the infotainment to factory settings. On one occasion a message on the screen said it was already bound, but I have not gotten that message again after the initial setup. Now it's just logging on when I scan the code for login, and nothing happens on the phone/ app. I'm not prompt to make a 4 digit security code as all the videos I have seen says should happen. I'm 2.5 hours away from the dealer I bought the car, and I hope I don't have to make it a 5h drive to get this fixed.

In an attempt to get it working I tried to reset the infotainment to factory settings. On one occasion a message on the screen said it was already bound, but I have not gotten that message again after the initial setup. Now it's just logging on when I scan the code for login, and nothing happens on the phone/ app. I'm not prompt to make a 4 digit security code as all the videos I have seen says should happen. I'm 2.5 hours away from the dealer I bought the car, and I hope I don't have to make it a 5h drive to get this fixed.
what was your solution? I have the exact same problem

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom