Blind spot issue

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Today my blind spot indicators on my 22 plate ZS (Mk2) have been illuminated constantly. Have tried turning car off and back on again and licking the vehicle also rebooted the infotainment system too but no joy... any suggestions before I book it in?

Today my blind spot indicators on my 22 plate ZS (Mk2) have been illuminated constantly. Have tried turning car off and back on again and licking the vehicle also rebooted the infotainment system too but no joy... any suggestions before I book it in?
Whether you meant ‘Kicking’ the vehicle or indeed ‘Licking’ the vehicle; both made me laugh :)

Probably worth booking it in - these seem unresolved.

Had the same thing happen on collection day of our Trophy 🏆 LR.
We driving along, when my wife said :-
“Why is that light on in the passengers door mirror ?”.
When I looked, the drivers door blind spot warning light was also constantly on !.
They had been working fine for about 70 miles, then just happened !.
We travelled another 10 miles and decided to stop off for some lunch.
Parked up and locked it, lights went out.
Returned to the car about one hour latter and all worked fine !.
We have had the car almost six months now and it has never done it again ?.
What I have noticed though, when using the car at night, very occasionally the drivers mirror will flash a false warning for a very brief second, even when nobody is actually following us.
The ZS EV Gen1 we had previously never did this.
Some type of bug that caused the original fault I guess ?.

Was it raining or a fair bit of surface water/spray?
If it's like my Zoe it uses the parking sensors and can get a false reading in those conditions.
No - It was a dry day, no rain !.
The very seldom quick false warnings I have occasionally witnessed at night, where all in dry conditions as well.
At first I thought they may have been triggered by a car using main beam from along was back, or some type of reflection caught from something ???.
They are more likely if you are driving on country roads that have little street lighting.
The last time I witnessed it happening about three times, was when we where driving back from Harlech, late at night, over the mountains.
The roads where almost empty and I spotted the drivers side warning light flash on briefly.
Your first thought is, what is coming up behind me ?.
But there was nothing there of course ???.
It’s a false trigger / glitch I guess 🤷‍♂️.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom