Count Zero

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
A seasonal title - but not a seasonal issue.

Our small toon of 7,000 is well catered for with AC fast chargers 7kW/22kW (3x2 free Charge Place Scotland = 1x2 pay for Charge Place Scotland, + 2 pay for in Aldi). The free ones have high use, the others rarely used. I suspect the free to use ones mean that some owners have logically not in invested in home charging.

However it is 20 mins each way to the nearest rapid chargers (mainly Charge Place Scotland free).

So very interested to see that there is a new BP 2x50kW charger next to the community centre. Not shown on BP app as live, though power is on and was ready to use. Not sure of the fee but expect this is BP std rates – so 63p subscriber to 79p guest.

However the EV parking slots are also the police vehicle only parking spots. The police vehicles that park there overnight are ICE (1 x car + 1 x van).
Blue ICE.jpg

So while in theory a good addition to the local charge network BP seen to have failed at basic homework:

• Free chargers will mean low income – until the Council replace free chargers
  • Parking rights ambiguous
Seems a curious investment by BP.

I had a quick search on the council website – cant find their parking policy or parking order – so will ask about which has precedence for the parking spaces – police vehicles or EVs. If I get an answer I will pass this on.

All of the BP rapid chargers around here are time limited ( 90 minutes ) for EVs , Allowing vehicles to park overnight is just plain crazy :rolleyes:

All of the BP rapid chargers around here are time limited ( 90 minutes ) for EVs , Allowing vehicles to park overnight is just plain crazy :rolleyes:
Thanks - though I think planning policy and legislation is local - hence asking the council.

I suspect the police vehicles will be moved on, assuming the car park is council owned? They can designate any space they like for any purpose. Knowing the average council though, they probably didn't think to tell the police this was happening.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom