Bonnet are crowdfunding?!? 🤔

AK OK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Email today from our chums at Bonnet announcing they are attempting to crowd fund? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️ Why would you ?

Hmmm someone has...

"Bonnet
The most user-friendly way to charge your car anywhere

Total funding: £4,920,000

Last funding: 02/03/2022

Funding rounds: 4"

Last edited by a moderator:
They aren't bothered to explain why in their email.....so, why would you?

Bit of a "dead duck", imo.
All they appear to do is contract buy electricity & sell it to their "customers" for more whilst presumably paying the charger co.'s a slice? & pocket the leftovers...

If this model works why would they need to crowdfund the £4.9m they have already had & why do they need more I wonder!?
🤷🏻‍♂️

All they appear to do is contract buy electricity & sell it to their "customers" for more whilst presumably paying the charger co.'s a slice? & pocket the leftovers...

If this model works why would they need to crowdfund the £4.9m they have already had & why do they need more I wonder!?
🤷🏻‍♂️
Exactly.

Also, many customers (myself included) won't forget them "stealing" back offers of free charges without giving much (any!) notice. So investing in a company that treats its customers poorly isn't on my radar.

Exactly.

Also, many customers (myself included) won't forget them "stealing" back offers of free charges without giving much (any!) notice. So investing in a company that treats its customers poorly isn't on my radar.
ISTR when I looked em up ages ago there appeared to rather a lot of "young execs with rather grand job titles" all in a nice office in London & all presumably rewarding themselves handsomely for their "efforts"... Wonder if that's where a chunk of the first £4.9m went....

Exactly.

"Bonnet founders Patrick and Eliot who have a unique perspective on how to bring a next generation, delightful product experience to market while augmenting the efforts of underlying infrastructure providers."

Hmmm

Last edited:
Another drum beating email from the gang with the warning

"
Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment and you are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong. Take 2 mins to learn more.
Happy Charging,
Patrick & Eliot
Founders, Bonnet
"
Sounds tempting...🙄🤪

Just had what they claim will be the final email begging email ("This is the last you'll hear..." - aye, right). But the email title smacks of desperation:-

12 HOURS LEFT! GO GO GO!
🤯

Another drum beating email from the gang with the warning

"
Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment and you are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong. Take 2 mins to learn more.
Happy Charging,
Patrick & Eliot
Founders, Bonnet
"
Sounds tempting...🙄🤪
They’ve got to do that under EIS rules, it ain’t like buying shares in M&S.

(Full disclosure, I’ve put in £100 before tax relief just as a complete punt)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom