Bonnet charging App

I've just watched on the fully charged channel

Does anyone have any experience with it yet?

I still can't believe how great this App (& the Bonnet Team are).
Before leaving a review at Trust pilot,I was willingly sharing the news in a FB group.

RQ4G4
Referral code.
Use it to gain £15 in your App (link not allowed).
Thanks.

Below is my original unbiased post (copied).
I'm new to 'Bonnet' an EV Charging App.

But when I can use Shell Chargers for 35p with Bonnet App, instead of paying 49p with my Shell Recharge App, why wouldn't I try it ?

I got a Light+ Plan with 50kWh a month, & Shell is only 30p (or 25p with Heavy+ Plan Inc. 200kWh).

It's free to get 35p tariff, but I'll pay £15pcm for the 30p tariff with 50kWh included.
What I like is to be prepared & as I charge at home a lot, this App works because, the unused kWh's rollover, I checked & they keep rolling over, month after month.

1. The £15pcm isn't really a subscription because you get 50kWh (until you cancel the £15pcm)

2. The rollover means I can have 300kWh built up by Summertime for road trips.

3. With a 77kWh Tour, I'm sure if I ever want to cancel, it'd not take long for any unused kWh's to be used up.

4. With SVR to possibly go up to 28p/kWh in April, this Bonnet App let's me get some kWh's at 30p ahead of time.

5. It's a no-brainer (for me). Andrew saved me £15 with a referral code, Here's mine RQ4G4 if you think it's worth investing a few quid a month until you need it on days out.
Also FIRSTCHARGE get you your first charge FREE.

I tried this out at my local genie point last night. Worked really well, however...
When charging there was no status over than charging. Neither on the app or on the charger. Perhaps I was doing something wrong but feels like there are some improvements to come to make it really useful. If they get all the major suppliers to sign up though useful to have history all in one place.

I tried this out at my local genie point last night. Worked really well, however...
When charging there was no status over than charging. Neither on the app or on the charger. Perhaps I was doing something wrong but feels like there are some improvements to come to make it really useful. If they get all the major suppliers to sign up though useful to have history all in one place.

I've used Bonnet a couple of times instead of using Osprey directly. With Osprey I can see how much time is left on the charge. With Bonnet the timer just goes up - until I get a finished notification. No idea if its got 10 minutes or 50 minutes left. Not ideal if you want to charge but walk off and do some shopping or something

My one and only test charge using Bonnet, on an Osprey didn't show anything regarding time or SOC in the app or on the charger. Worked well but no information during charging.

it may be worth you giving them a review in the appstore, they may replay to you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom