Bonnet game changer ?

On zapmap, Ionity's status is not live but to the Bonnet app, it is live.
35p p kWh for Ionity sounds good to me!

They’re not a game-changer if their business model isn’t sustainable.

They’re not a game-changer if their business model isn’t sustainable.
and they are if it is :) Glass half full, or glass half empty.

However the game changing element for me is to get Ionity on board. A brand that most avoid unless they have a free/cheap subscription, due to the cost 69p/kWh. They have a good speed and reliability reputation and hopefully not too busy locations either.........so don't tell anyone else about Bonnet :ROFLMAO: .
These could be the go to destinations for long journey charging.

Last edited:
I used an osprey unit with a free bonnet charge. The osprey price was 50p/kwh which somewhat meant that I wasn't likely to find a queue as other chargers close by were free or cheaper

I used an osprey unit with a free bonnet charge. The osprey price was 50p/kwh which somewhat meant that I wasn't likely to find a queue as other chargers close by were free or cheaper
Other than in Scotland where are the free rapid chargers?. 50-60p seems to be around the going price on rapids now.

Last edited:
I read game changer so thought yeah lots more charging points........ Not so.
Screenshot_2022-06-03-08-17-56-492_com.zapmap.zapmap.jpg

Numbers aren't everything, although there are still more than Tesla have currently released, it's where they are. Other than Wales, there looks to be a chargepoint to cover virtually any journey in the UK.

True I guess if you never need to go south of m4 or west of m1🤣
How far south is there to go ? I reckon you could get to almost anywhere from anywhere (Maybe not west Wales) just using those few Ionity chargers, assuming you start full. Now there's a challenge. 😂 and don't forget Ionity covers Europe as well.

The Bonnet App shoes a different picture. However this includes both SC and DC chargers.👴
That shows all 'Bonnet' eligible chargers not just Ionity, and you can filter out the AC if you want in the filters. :)
That does show that Bonnet have got good coverage so far and growing though.

That shows all 'Bonnet' eligible chargers not just Ionity, and you can filter out the AC if you want in the filters. :)
That does show that Bonnet have got good coverage so far and growing though.
The charger on the right of the Bonnet App shown below is currently used by the new fleet of Electric Trawlers out of Lowestoft.👴

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-175229_Bonnet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-175229_Bonnet.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 91
I had 2 free charges in my wallet with no expiry dates on them. Had a look yesterday and 1 of them had now got a use by date of today (5th June).
I was at 60% so didn't really need a rapid but thought what the heck might as well use it as I was going out anyway.
Charged up to 80% on a local Geniepoint, started charge on app, stopped it on app, unlocked car took out cable...all good.
Got home and checked the Bonnet app and 1 free charge had gone as expected, unfortunately it was the one without an expiry date, the one with today's date was still there. Bad app or words to that effect went through my mind.
I then used the app for live support and pen palled someone there and explained what had happened. They said can't do anything with the codes but to contact them after next charge and they will refund me. Good customer service was my thoughts, but let's see what happens.
The 'conversation' is recorded in the app and supposedly an email of conversation will be sent as well.

So far no bother at all using Bonnet to charge, fingers crossed will continue and see no reason why not.

I'm just back from Paris and successfully used the Bonnet App twice on Ionity. This last trip has cost about half the price of my previous trip.

I've also found the ChargePoint card allows charging by the KWh rather than by the minute with Total chargers.

I wish the session timer would count down instead of up. Counting up doesn't really tell me anything. The osprey app tells me the battery % as well as the amount of time left - Bonnet really should be the same I think.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom