Bonnet Pricing Updates

EWD

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I know you all find it really confusing having a fixed price for your charging.

That's why Bonnet is changing their pricing "to offer more flexible, simple charging" so you pay the standard Charge Point Operater rate at each charger.

You can subscribe and get a 10% discount on CPO price for £2 a month or 15% for £8 a month.

Pricing Update

The great thing with bonnet was you paid 50p or less with a refill wither it's ionity (69p) or geniepoint (£1). (Edit: geniepoint will be 79p from 1st Nov).
That why on the last long drive I used bonnet. I rarely do long drives, so no more bonnet.

Now I'll have to go back to gridserve or ionity via octopus if I do a long drive.

Shame... the fact that you didn't have to check prices was it's biggest draw for me...

I must say, I suspected they could'nt keep subsidising Osprey for much longer, at 56p discount per Kw.

Interestingly, Osprey have just announced a price drop from £1 to 79p, still one of the most expensive out there, even with the 10% discount.

Bonnet no longer serves a purpose :( oh well.

I've just tied an extra 300Kw by upping my refill which has added a 100Kw to this month and 200 to next as it rolls over after my pay date... should see me through my next few trips to Leeds... :)

Interestingly, Osprey have just announced a price drop from £1 to 79p, still one of the most expensive out there, even with the 10% discount.
I'd take a fair guess they saw their CP use drop off a cliff when the raised their price to £1 the other month, hence dropping back in the hope use will pick up again.

Bonnet no longer serves a purpose :( oh well.
I reckon their usage will go off a cliff.

For me Bonnet will probably become a just-in-case app rather than a go to.

I always found it a bit more faffy and slower than an RFID card.

I rarely public charge anyway and forgot about Bonnet each time I did.

It would probably be good for some consolidation in the market as for me there are just too many apps and options at the moment.

I've just tied an extra 300Kw by upping my refill which has added a 100Kw to this month and 200 to next as it rolls over after my pay date... should see me through my next few trips to Leeds... :)
just done the same :)

just swap out Leeds for Newcastle, and ergo same post. 👍

Yes be better if a few less apps so you can use say 3 or 4 and then work out which best for you

Yes be better if a few less apps so you can use say 3 or 4 and then work out which best for you
I only used two…..Bonnet and Podpoint.

Whilst just charged my account with some extra KWh with Bonnet, when this new pricing structure/ terms of service comes in, it will be getting deleted (once I have used my KWh of Course.

Ok cool I have shell bp podpoint and the zapmap only used one really podpoint

Ok cool I have shell bp podpoint and the zapmap only used one really podpoint

I think most people are like that... I only ever use a charge point on a journey and you generally suss out where you'll recharge if you do that journey often...

I do still have a load of unused apps registered on the phone...:(

I don't often exceed range so when I did Edinburgh back in the summer (from Berkshire) ABRP was handy when planning. However I have just under a million charging apps on the phone (it feels like!!)

I too have a page of apps on my phone. I tried most of them out during the first month orvso of getting my EV but only use PodPoint, Bonnet or Instavolt now and the odd BP Pulse for a free Asda top up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom