Bonnet refills

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Wondering if anyone uses the Bonnet refills as I have a free month still left in my wallet.

I'm asking because of the recent deception/sneakiness with the promotions where an expiry date was added at short notice and then even when using within that period I was still charged.

The refills do still represent reasonable value, even the cheapest at 20kWh for £9 gives a price of 45p / kWh even after using up your allowance, so is good value compared to PAYG rates by individual suppliers.

I think the £9 a month and 20kWh allowance is ideal because commitment is low (£9) and if I use 100kWh then the total cost would only be £1 more than committing to the next one up at £44.

I am only thinking about this for the times when I will be doing lot's of travel away from home to cover that.

My worry is that I will buy a refill, but still get charged as I'm not sure I trust Bonnet any more.

Does anyone have any opinions ?

Interest to hear answers to this. Also is are the refills valid until the end of the calendar month or for 30 days from the point you buy them?

Interest to hear answers to this. Also is are the refills valid until the end of the calendar month or for 30 days from the point you buy them?
I contacted them yesterday and eventually was told that it is for 28/30/31 days. That is if you take it out on the 12th of the month it will need renewing on the 12th of the next month.

My wife and I have a promo each to use (free charge), but due to the posts I've seen on here I'm steering clear. I was all ready to top up at £15 as that would've worked out cheap with other discounts I've gained, but I don't think I'll be going down that route now.

My worry is that I will buy a refill, but still get charged as I'm not sure I trust Bonnet any more.
I emailed them 4 days ago asking how do I get my payment card details off their app as I want to unregister & cease using them....

Still waiting...

I emailed them 4 days ago asking how do I get my payment card details off their app as I want to unregister & cease using them....

Still waiting...
I have tried contacting them by the message facility on the app and I've emailed using the customer service email. Neither were replied to.
I did once get through on the phone in the early days and the live chat eventually responded with long gaps between replies the other day.
Persevere.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom