Boycott Shell Fuel and Shell Recharge - Support Ukraine!

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am calling for a boycott of all Shell Recharge Stations and also their fuel products like petrol, diesel and oil - why?

On Friday, Shell purchased a cargo of Russian Crude Oil!!!!

At this time of more and more boycotting of Russian goods and cessation of many major companies trading with Russia, Shell decided to ignore the invasion of Ukraine by Putin and his troops and buy a huge quantity of oil from Russia! Basically sticking their finger up to all the poor people being murdered whilst also having their homes, country and livelihoods devastated and buy Putin‘s Oil saying ‘We had no alternative, we had to get oil from somewhere!‘ The fact that the price was heavily discounted obviously played no part in their decision!

They’ve also declared that their intention to divest themselves of their 27.5% share of a large Russian Liquefied Gas plant and a 50% stake in two Siberian Oil Field projects. When that will happen is anyones guess but at the moment, the value of them must be considerably reduced. We shall wait and see.

We need to support the people of Ukraine and join any efforts to participate in the boycott, something Shell appear to be unable to do!!

This announcement has just been made by Shell!

“Shell to shut all petrol stations in Russia and to stop buying its oil and gas, as it apologises for buying shipment after Ukraine invasion”.

So maybe my post has been read by someone at Shell H.Q. and that it has at least played an infinitesimal part in their decision!

This announcement has just been made by Shell!

“Shell to shut all petrol stations in Russia and to stop buying its oil and gas, as it apologises for buying shipment after Ukraine invasion”.

So maybe my post has been read by someone at Shell H.Q. and that it has at least played an infinitesimal part in their decision!
The power of the MG Forum !

Let’s just hope Shell don’t use it as an excuse not to pay a windfall tax this year!

Maybe the Govt should share some of the blame as they seem not to want to stop the importation of Russian oil. I think they may be starting to reconsider this stance.

Good to see Dockers in at least 2 ports have refused to handle shipments of Russian oil regardless of the flag (of convenience) the ship sails under.

You guys really need to turn your tv's off. I'm staggered at how brainwashed this country has become. I'm not for a minute suggesting what Putin has done is right, but the west has been provoking Russia for donkeys. Nato should have never expanded beyond Germany (as per agreement) but, pushing to Ukraine is taking the P1ss. The only reason there is media hype is because Ukraine is loaded with oil and gas, it's also a stepping stone to Russia's oil rich caucuses region. We only care cos $$$

If you really want to look at horrors look at Israel in Syria, Saudi Arabia in Yemen, or indeed the UK and USA in Iraq. All those countless kids born with genetic deformities due to depleted uranium. at least the Russians aren't 'shock and awing' Ukraine into oblivion.

One good thing Putin has done is defeat covid! That problem has been memory-holed.

“The only reason there is media hype is because Ukraine is loaded with oil and gas, it's also a stepping stone to Russia's oil rich caucuses region. We only care cos $$$”

The media hype has nothing to do with oil or $$$. People are not collecting food and clothes to send to Ukraine so they can get oil and $$$.

Ukraine is a sovereign state and should be allowed to determine its own future, and not at the end of a gun held by Putin.

The west was happily paying Putin for his oil and gas.

People are angry because Putin is using his army and power in Russia to destroy a neighbouring country and kill its population.

Anyway, this forum is not a platform for this discussion so I will refrain from any future comment on the matter.

Tell that to the dead women and children in the Mariupol hospital that Russia just bombed 😥
No different to what we do in other nations. we are also more than happy to keep selling weapons to other nations happy to bomb civilians. the hypocrisy is mind boggling.

“The only reason there is media hype is because Ukraine is loaded with oil and gas, it's also a stepping stone to Russia's oil rich caucuses region. We only care cos $$$”

The media hype has nothing to do with oil or $$$. People are not collecting food and clothes to send to Ukraine so they can get oil and $$$.

Ukraine is a sovereign state and should be allowed to determine its own future, and not at the end of a gun held by Putin.

The west was happily paying Putin for his oil and gas.

People are angry because Putin is using his army and power in Russia to destroy a neighbouring country and kill its population.

Anyway, this forum is not a platform for this discussion so I will refrain from any future comment on the matter.
what about Yemen? what about Syria? we don't hear about those places on TV much as they aren't important to western geopolitics, vast oil and gas resources are. Russian man bad is the latest trope. We sleepwalk into wars so easily.

Read some Peter Zeihan.

No different to what we do in other nations. we are also more than happy to keep selling weapons to other nations happy to bomb civilians. the hypocrisy is mind boggling.

I mean yeah, you're right, it's all too sad :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I can do the smallest thing to help the people of Ukraine, and punish Putin's Russia, I will do it. Already stopped buying Russian vodka, and discovered Ukrainian Vodka is actually better ! Check out Nemiroff vodka ! As soon as I heard the news that Shell had bought a cargo of Russian oil so it could profit from the knock down price, I decided to boycott Shell. They only held their hands up to it and apologised after they were found out and the story hit the media. Also ... to all the "knockers" on this post's replies .... I would do the same for another entity that promotes or profits from wars.

As I'm of eastern European decent, I've never been fond of Russia and it's rulers.
They've been oppressive to their own population but more so to their neighbours and covetous of their land and resources.
The current dialogue from Putin and his cronies echo those of a certain Austrian corporal nearly a century ago.
If allowed to annex a neibouring sovereign state by force of arms, more will follow.
Look at Moldova and the signs are already there.
Along with wanting to dictate the policy of neighbouring states, Finland and Sweden now on the list, there is a very strong desire in the ruling elite to recreate the expanse of the empire prior to 1917 as their legacy.
I can only look on with trepidation if NATO will hold firm as my father's homeland chose to join as early as possible to safeguard their future knowing the Muscovite Imperial mindset.

Last edited:
It'a a hard decision that NATO and others have to make. In my opinion, for what it's worth, Putin, and others who stand to gain, are furiously trying to get NATO to start world war three. If that happens Russia will will be innocent of starting the war, but Putin and his international backers will get very rich. Look at the history of how the last two world wars were manipulated into happening, and you see something similar happening now. Hard as it is to bear, I feel we have to leave things as they are militarily as the UK has no treaties with Ukraine, and she is not a member of NATO or the EU. We can however provide arms and aid to Ukraine, and give a home for those temporarily on the run from their country. The people behind this will only give up when it hits them too hard in their pockets and that is what we are all doing. Having said that .... I am stunned at the silence and lack of action from the United Nations. If this was happening in Africa there would be UN peacekeeping troops all over the place. It is stuff like this that we pay the United Nations to deal with, but they are keeping suspiciously quiet and taking no action. Why do we keep paying this useless organisation ?

The UN is saddled with its organisation.
Russia is a permanent Security Council member with a veto, so nothing would happen.

I have said for years that they should get rid of the "veto", but then if they voted on that ..... someone would probably veto it !!!! 🙀

The people of Ukraine do not deserve the treatment there are getting from Russia. Having spent time in both countries I am certain most Russian people do not support what is happening but are unable to control their presidents actions. I too wonder what the UN is waiting for as it seems the rest of the world have left a relatively small country to defend itself against supposedly one the worlds strongest military powers. Surely they could revoke or suspend the veto anyway in the circumstances. Perhaps even the UN is worried about what Putin might do next.
I recall he warned the whole world “not to interfere of his response would be instant”, that to me is a clear threat that none of us should ignore. I think we will have to fight Russia at some point and frankly, I don’t want to rely on our politicians to be the ones to decide when!
When it comes to protecting our own I would rather see a referendum it’s far more important than whether Scotland leaves the Union or Brexit. My opinion only, but a strongly felt one.

I agree with Sido. I have worked with Ukrainians, and they are 'salt of the earth" types. Very friendly and generous people, whose culture is pretty much like our own here in the UK.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom