Boycott Shell Fuel and Shell Recharge - Support Ukraine!

When it comes to protecting our own I would rather see a referendum
I wouldn't trust this government to do anything in the interest of anyone other than themselves and their party, but please.... no more referenda!

Referenda are not good at finding solutions to complex issues, they do not work, they do not unite they only divide. We have, and deserve, the government that the last referendum saddled us with. That referendum was "won" and "lost" because of lies and unfulfilled, unachievable promises and so it follows the resulting government lies at every level and doesn't achieve or fulfil it's promises.

What I think is really sad right now is the lack of an obvious public outcry at how this government is making it so difficult for genuine refuges, fleeing their own war torn country, virtually on our own doorstep, to get to sanctuary in a relatively safe, so called, civilised country. Visas for fleeing refugees, you couldn't make it up, unbelievable......the PM and Home Secretary are heartless, despicable and lack any kind of empathy. They're only capable of pandering to the likes of Farrage and co.

I think this has probably strayed off the topic slightly - it is an important subject and some things have to be said - so this will now be my final post in this thread.

Cathartic

People power just might be the way to defeat this Russian aggression. Assuming in the whole of Europe we could gather 20 million unarmed people to form a ring around Kiev and start walking outwards ( gathering more people on the way, including Russian troops), towards Ukraines original borders what would people in Russia do and more importantly what would Putin do? Bear in mind Ukraine already has a population of 40 millions minus those the Russians have already killed, it shouldn‘t be beyond us. We have succeeded against the odds before now. Maybe we could end up in Moscow a lovely city with average inhabitants who would probably welcome us with open arms. Putins inner circle of course would have to go and live in Syria. I think it best this my last post on this thread as well as it a very emotive subject where nobody can really predict or determine what will actually happen.

I wish to thank all those who have shared their EV experiences with me. Offering useful tips and advice.
Sadly I will be posting no more as I do not think the current trend of posts is what I want to see on this forum.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do not see this forum is where these political views should be aired.

You guys really need to turn your tv's off. I'm staggered at how brainwashed this country has become. I'm not for a minute suggesting what Putin has done is right, but the west has been provoking Russia for donkeys. Nato should have never expanded beyond Germany (as per agreement) but, pushing to Ukraine is taking the P1ss. The only reason there is media hype is because Ukraine is loaded with oil and gas, it's also a stepping stone to Russia's oil rich caucuses region. We only care cos $$$

If you really want to look at horrors look at Israel in Syria, Saudi Arabia in Yemen, or indeed the UK and USA in Iraq. All those countless kids born with genetic deformities due to depleted uranium. at least the Russians aren't 'shock and awing' Ukraine into oblivion.

One good thing Putin has done is defeat covid! That problem has been memory-holed.
There have been many atrocities in the past. We should not forget them but we should not perpetuate them either. Two wrongs never make a right. Countries have a free right to decide for themselves to join NATO or EU (or leave them for that matter). putin needs to stop this war, we need to do everything we can to force him to stop.

I wish to thank all those who have shared their EV experiences with me. Offering useful tips and advice.
Sadly I will be posting no more as I do not think the current trend of posts is what I want to see on this forum.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I do not see this forum is where these political views should be aired.
I understand the sentiment, but if a thread is not to your taste, can you not just scroll past ?

I would also suggest that perhaps another sub-forum could be set up for more general chit-chat, eg "Lounge" if the forum admins don't wish to outright ban it. I have seen this on other forums, which would make it easier to avoid the sort of thing that you don't wish to see, but may have the effect of encouraging it too.

Or you can avoid brining politics to the forum when it is not necessary. ☺️ Some of us get a feed and can’t just ‘avoid’ posts. We have to scroll past them.
Forum rule number 1:
  1. must not submit libellous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive Content about any individual or company.
Could the political view be considered ‘antagonistic’, ‘aggressive’ or even ‘racist’. It says this is in consideration of individuals or companies but could, out of principle, extend to countries and people too. Let’s all be mindful that this is a public, international forum. While the original posting about boycotting Shell was acceptable on the basis of it being fully relevant to EVs, bringing world events into the mix that are, in many cases, fuelled by misinformation, misunderstanding and, in a few cases, propaganda from various sides can only lead to arguments which are very much antagonistic. This leads to aggression as we are beginning to see here, albeit in a relatively mild form thankfully.

Therefore, please keep politics out of it and go back to discussing the impact this might have on our EV lives. That is what this and ALL threads on here should be about.

Happy driving!

Or you can avoid brining politics to the forum when it is not necessary. ☺️ Some of us get a feed and can’t just ‘avoid’ posts. We have to scroll past them.
Forum rule number 1:
  1. must not submit libellous, insulting, antagonistic, racist, aggressive or otherwise abusive Content about any individual or company.
Could the political view be considered ‘antagonistic’, ‘aggressive’ or even ‘racist’. It says this is in consideration of individuals or companies but could, out of principle, extend to countries and people too. Let’s all be mindful that this is a public, international forum. While the original posting about boycotting Shell was acceptable on the basis of it being fully relevant to EVs, bringing world events into the mix that are, in many cases, fuelled by misinformation, misunderstanding and, in a few cases, propaganda from various sides can only lead to arguments which are very much antagonistic. This leads to aggression as we are beginning to see here, albeit in a relatively mild form thankfully.

Therefore, please keep politics out of it and go back to discussing the impact this might have on our EV lives. That is what this and ALL threads on here should be about.

Happy driving!
I don't feel strongly about it either way. I haven't actually posted anything political myself, just personally didn't see it as an issue.

Think the expectations would need to be made clearer somewhere if it is to be stopped though, and probably moderated more closely.

Well, as a moderator, I have been looking at this thread on and off. I did think of taking action earlier but thought I'd let it roll as the events in Ukraine highlight a humanitarian crisis whichever way you look at it, and I see no issues about discussing it. I have my own views but have not expressed them, but as a UK resident and the colours of my avatar, you can guess where I sit. I'm not the forum owner obviously, and there are other moderatos, both of whom may well have different views. I'll flag it to them to see what the consensus is but this thread has been around for a while. Please report anything you find unacceptable, it will get looked at by one of the mods (I don't recall seeing reports about posts in this thread but that doesn't mean there haven't been any). Thanks.

There have been many atrocities in the past. We should not forget them but we should not perpetuate them either. Two wrongs never make a right. Countries have a free right to decide for themselves to join NATO or EU (or leave them for that matter). putin needs to stop this war, we need to do everything we can to force him to stop.
arming the other side isn't going to force Russia to stop. This is their last gasp at securing themselves from NATO. It's just bleeding Ukraine and Russia dry. Will work out fine for the west, we will sweep in for the oil and gas reserves when its over and both nations will accept anything.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom