BP Pulse "going electric" with a petrol recharging van. What a joke.

ensmith007

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So BP Pulse is "going electric" by getting vans with 60 mile EV range and a back up petrol charger to recharge the batteries.
Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous and dishonest as a PR headline?

BP pulse picks LEVC to electrify fleet

What an appaling and short sighted way for a company that wants to lead the country in charging and get me to use their network to charge my MG5.
Doesnt this just sum up BP Pulse?

I don’t understand the hate for range extenders - it’s a perfectly viable way to reduce emissions. Used correctly it should very rarely need to be used on petrol.

I guess they could’ve just stuck with their diesel vans that Polar used before BP acquired them

I don’t understand the hate for range extenders - it’s a perfectly viable way to reduce emissions. Used correctly it should very rarely need to be used on petrol.

I guess they could’ve just stuck with their diesel vans that Polar used before BP acquired them
Is 60/300 electrifying the fleet though? My issue is with the PR spin I suppose.

You’re assuming it’ll be used on petrol more than battery, I don’t see why that’d be the case.

Most PHEV drivers buy them for tax savings and the majority never plug them in which is why their plug in grant was withdrawn!

“Some employees aren’t even charging the vehicles up” and “the majority never plug them in” are not the same thing.

Flip this around. The vehicle in question has both types of rapid charge head too, plus type 2, so that the attending engineer can test all plugs. I'd say that's a smart move and lord knows do they need an on-strength maintenance department right now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom