RedandboX

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hi all, has anyone had issues with their brakes squeaking, 3k in now, it went away but has come back louder, I’ve been mega busy so couldn’t get to the dealership and hoped it was bedding in but looks like I will have to make the effort soon.
Cheers
#teamcamdengrey

Hi all, has anyone had issues with their brakes squeaking, 3k in now, it went away but has come back louder, I’ve been mega busy so couldn’t get to the dealership and hoped it was bedding in but looks like I will have to make the effort soon.
Cheers
#teamcamdengrey

You need to give them a weekly hammering.......

Post in thread 'MG4 XPower pet peeves…' MG4 XPower pet peeves…

No squeaks here 👍

Cheers
#teamcamdengrey
Yes lots of posts over this and a discussion what to do to resolve, only the other day.

And the trouble is (as usual) all the information is all over the place!

As @JonnyG has said before 'stickies' would really help for regularly brought up topics.
It could be added to Tips and Solutions, as not just XPower related. Although whether everyone will check/search is open to debate.

Cheers
#teamcamdengrey

And the trouble is (as usual) all the information is all over the place!

As @JonnyG has said before 'stickies' would really help for regularly brought up topics.
Agreed .... and by "stickies" we mean pinned topics that stay at the top just so everyone is aware !!. There are only two on the main MG4 forum and I can think of quite a few regular topics that come up time after time but are posted as new posts because the older one is a page back . 😁😒

Agreed .... and by "stickies" we mean pinned topics that stay at the top just so everyone is aware !!. There are only two on the main MG4 forum and I can think of quite a few regular topics that come up time after time but are posted as new posts because the older one is a page back . 😁😒
I am new ish on here but find the forum difficult to use. I can never work out how to find the MG4 bit or X power bit & put a new post on?? So mine are all replies. I also wish we could post sort videos to help each other from our mobiles & post pics without screen shotting first. That said it’s better than no forum & I am grateful it exists 😇

I am new ish on here but find the forum difficult to use. I can never work out how to find the MG4 bit or X power bit & put a new post on?? So mine are all replies. I also wish we could post sort videos to help each other from our mobiles & post pics without screen shotting first. That said it’s better than no forum & I am grateful it exists 😇

Click on the 3 horizontal bars (top left)

Click New Post

Click Big Orange Post Thread button on the right...👍

Back on topic, my brakes accasionally squeak but a bit of heavy braking from 70mph seems to get rid of it for quite a while.

If anyone is suffering from bad squealing at low speed there is a fix that RS3 owners used (until Audi kindly replaced the discs and pads free of charge). It invoves sticking squeal damping shims to the back of the pads :-

They worked a treat. Also covered the outside with copperease once stuck on.

Attachments

• Auid Shin Pads Applied.jpg
    Auid Shin Pads Applied.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Auid Shin Pads Before.jpg
    Auid Shin Pads Before.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel