British Gas Hive EV Charger

DBedford

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi there,

I know most utility companies are ok, until you need them to do something!

Has anyone (apart from me), {yes I know I need my head tested} 🤣, had a British Gas Hive EV Charger installed please. Then the bit which I haven’t got; received an invite to their Hive Electric Drive Exclusive Tariff, with the £100 credit and £50 Hive voucher?

I have no idea if the Hive Electric Drive Tariff is the British Gas EV Tariff, as they have been unable to help when I’ve phone them, and they won’t answer my emails.

Anyone had and success, or sad enough to be a British Gas customer?

I now know what to do in retirement, buy a cloth cap, become Victor Meldrew and spend all my time trying to get British Gas to deliver on what they advertise. “I just don’t believe it!!’ 😫

My EV runs on electrons not British or any other national Gas
1688058170478.png

If it's any consolation, we've been trying to get BG to correct a billing mistake they made in January. Despite raising a formal complaint which resulted in a non-sensical answer we are still no nearer a resolution. I have never encountered such incompetence. Perhaps we ought to form a 'Meldrew' club as being the opposite of a fan club.

If it's any consolation, we've been trying to get BG to correct a billing mistake they made in January. Despite raising a formal complaint which resulted in a non-sensical answer we are still no nearer a resolution. I have never encountered such incompetence. Perhaps we ought to form a 'Meldrew' club as being the opposite of a fan club.
Good idea. 😀

Having a quick scan through the BG and Hive websites it appears that it's Hive that are offering the credit and voucher in conjunction with BG.
From your other post you only had the EV charger installed on 20/06/2023 and given your experience of BG's bureaucracy I wouldn't panic yet 😁

Hi there,
Anyone had and success, or sad enough to be a British Gas customer?

I now know what to do in retirement, buy a cloth cap, become Victor Meldrew and spend all my time trying to get British Gas to deliver on what they advertise. “I just don’t believe it!!’ 😫
Oh dear, from my experience of a few years ago, I forsee a long dark road ahead, it's cold and raining. I eventually resolved my issue after 2 months of trying by involving the ombudsman. It was then quickly sorted and I was awarded compensation for my time and trouble etc.
I left British Gas straight away and went to Together Energy, another disaster, I again had to involve the Ombudsman and got a successful resolution. I've been with Octopus ever since and it's been brilliant.

Oh dear, from my experience of a few years ago, I forsee a long dark road ahead, it's cold and raining. I eventually resolved my issue after 2 months of trying by involving the ombudsman. It was then quickly sorted and I was awarded compensation for my time and trouble etc.
I left British Gas straight away and went to Together Energy, another disaster, I again had to involve the Ombudsman and got a successful resolution. I've been with Octopus ever since and it's been brilliant.
Twenty years ago I moved into a new build house by a small developer and tried to move my E.ON Gas and Electricity to my new home which had gas central heating only to be told there was no gas connected despite many attempts to convince the supplier that I was heating my house and hot water and cooking on gas. Two and a half years later I got a summons for nonpayment of gas!

Apparently British Gas was the supplier of last resort and I'd been set up as a customer with them but because during the building the builder had only needed electricity and not gas the supply had remained in the name of the previous occupant of the bungalow which had been demolished to make way for two new builds whereas the electricity supply the builder had used was linked to the new house address. So when I tried to take over the Gas and Electricity supply because the builder's name wasn't on the Gas account and the address was 5 Council House Lee Chaple Lane and my new house was just 5 Lee Chaple Lane no one would even reveal the existence of an account for 5 Council House for ... wait for it ... Data Protection reasons! ... "I Don' Beleve it!"

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom