British Gas

DBedford

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone here still will British Gas, and if so why please?

I'm asking as I'm finding it increasingly difficult to justify staying with them.
Having had their HIVE EV charger installed (a nightmare) and their EV peak tariff being 8p/Kwh more Octopus Go,
It's hard to justify staying. I am aware if I had a difference changer I could sign up to Intelligent Octopus, but I don't 😫 .
Cheers, and boy to I need a drink or three!

Last edited:
Like many others no doubt, I having paid for energy for over forty years now and i still like to find a good priced deal.
I have been with British Gas once in that forty years, for only a short 12 month contract.
I guess that pretty much sums it up then really !.
They are expensive, period.

My late Mother-in-law was with British Gas and I'm an Executor for her estate. I won't go into the ghastly details of BG changing established meter readings and refusing to understand the problem before handing the bills over to their solicitors.
Steer clear if you can, Octopus customer services are much better.

Anyone here still will British Gas, and if so why please?

I'm asking as I'm finding it increasingly difficult to justify staying with them.
Having had their HIVE EV charger installed (a nightmare) and their EV peak tariff being 8p/Kwh more Octopus Go,
It's hard to justify staying. I am aware if I had a difference changer I could sign up to Intelligent Octopus, but I don't 😫 .
Cheers, and boy to I need a drink or three!
You might not be able to go onto Intelligent Octopus, but there is still Octopus Go so long as your shiny new meters are really smart. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom