Bulldog MG - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Have bought 3 MGs from Bulldog over the years, MG3 for my son, GS and now HS PHEV. Generally good experience but did have some issues with the GS which Bulldog never could sort out (causing us to abandon MG and Bulldog for a few years). We're back with them now having just got the HS PHEV. The sales experience was excellent (they even loaned us a regular HS while ours was on order) and I look forward to the future

I bought my ZS EV from Bulldog. It was a pain free experience. They offered the best price and a good trade in on my old car.

They are quite a distance from me but it was worth the journey.

Dave

I bought my MG5 53Kwh Excite from Bulldog Twyford. Ordered the car on Tuesday picked it up 3 days later on Friday. They transferred the number plate from my old car, a painless experience would recommend them.

Hi all, as our local dealer they were very friendly and kindly let us test drive their MG5, despite our making clear ours would be ordered from a broker.

Was quoted ~£1k over 5 years for servicing, flexible cancellation terms which is great, but does seem a little pricey compared to online research.

Other experiences locally for servicing costs?

For anyone in the Reading area we can highly recommend Bulldog MG in Twyford.
Excellent experience for our ZS ev 1st service.
Low millage 1st service carried out while you wait in just over an hour!
Super friendly and knowledgeable staff.
We chose to walk into Twyford (approx 10 to 15 mins each way) but there is a waiting room with drinks machine and free Wifi.

For anyone in the Reading area we can highly recommend Bulldog MG in Twyford.
Excellent experience for our ZS ev 1st service.
Low millage 1st service carried out while you wait in just over an hour!
Super friendly and knowledgeable staff.
We chose to walk into Twyford (approx 10 to 15 mins each way) but there is a waiting room with drinks machine and free Wifi.
Thanks for the recommendation - good to know. Out of interest, how much was the first service?

Bought my 72 reg Mk2 MG ZSEV Trophy Connect (with sun roof) from them last October, very good service, original car was ordered December 21 but still had not arrived, Caroline rang me and said she had a cancellation that was an exact match for my order so I took it, thorough pleased with the service I received from them, not that enamoured with the car but would recommend the dealer.

Just ordered a 4 Trophy from Bulldog. I dealt with Mark, who was a lovely guy, very knowledgeable about all aspects of the car and finance involved (and he had a very big laugh!). Surprised that he let us take the demo car out on our own, but this meant that we could park up and take our time looking over the car. The MG was the first EV that we looked at - we went to another brand's dealership the next day, which was absolutely dreadful, the sales guy knew less than we did about the car he was trying to sell us and even less about EVs in general. We walked out of there and drove straight back to Twyford to place our order. :D

I've been working with Bulldog in Twyford and they seem very good. There's a new dealer, WLMG, in Reading opened recently on Rose Kiln Lane near all the other dealers. However, they are still getting up to speed with MG (the MG in WLMG has nothing to do with MG cars), and I think it will take a year or so before they are a strong proposition.

I have bought 3 MG EV's from Bulldog and had 2 EV services so far and have had no major issues. I can recommend both the sales and service side of the business. I also have a Cyberster deposit placed with them for when the order book opens.

I’ve just recently purchased my 2nd HS PHEV from Bulldog , and have just introduced a good friend who just brought a HS petrol , they’re just nice people to do business with , from their sales manager Gary ,along with their sales folks Caroline and Mark . I would hesitate in recommending Bulldog .

I meant to say , I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending Bulldog !

Notice today from Bulldog MG Twyford

"We hope this letter finds you well. We are writing to inform you of an important update regarding our MG Business. We are moving away from selling new MG cars and we will remain solely an approved and authorised MG Aftersales Dealership, as we are now. We will continue to service, repair and carry out warranty repairs and we will also continue to supply genuine parts and accessories from MG UK. If you have a service plan either with Bulldog or MG, we will also still able to carry out this work, if you purchased your MG vehicle from another UK MG dealer, we can carry out service work and warranty repairs as we do currently, being an authorised MG Service Centre. So, rest assured, as far as after care of your MG, everything remains as normal.

As we mentioned, the only change otherwise is that we will cease to sell new MG cars, effective 31st May, however we will still be supplying a variety of used MG's and we would also be very interested in buying your MG if you were considering selling it.

If you should have any questions or concerns with regards to this information, could we ask you to send an e-mail to [email protected].

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom over the past 10 years and look forward to welcoming you still and continuing to look after your MG needs going forward.

With our best wishes,

From the Directors and staff at Bulldog MG."

Notice today from Bulldog MG Twyford

"We hope this letter finds you well. We are writing to inform you of an important update regarding our MG Business. We are moving away from selling new MG cars and we will remain solely an approved and authorised MG Aftersales Dealership, as we are now. We will continue to service, repair and carry out warranty repairs and we will also continue to supply genuine parts and accessories from MG UK. If you have a service plan either with Bulldog or MG, we will also still able to carry out this work, if you purchased your MG vehicle from another UK MG dealer, we can carry out service work and warranty repairs as we do currently, being an authorised MG Service Centre. So, rest assured, as far as after care of your MG, everything remains as normal.

As we mentioned, the only change otherwise is that we will cease to sell new MG cars, effective 31st May, however we will still be supplying a variety of used MG's and we would also be very interested in buying your MG if you were considering selling it.

If you should have any questions or concerns with regards to this information, could we ask you to send an e-mail to [email protected].

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom over the past 10 years and look forward to welcoming you still and continuing to look after your MG needs going forward.

With our best wishes,

From the Directors and staff at Bulldog MG."
I had the same. Real pity as qthey are a good bunch of people and really look after you.

Many smaller dealers have been dropped by MG in favour of the large groups who I have found to be largely useless in terms of customer experience.

At least they are remaining as approved after sales.

They have gained the official KGM Sales and Aftersales Dealership! (SsangYong Motors UK).

It used to be in Reading but closed months ago.

Really not happy about Bulldog losing their sales franchise. Seriously considering whether our next EV's will be MG's after owning four of them. I prefer smaller local dealers rather than large nationwide franchises. My experiences indicate that service levels are better with smaller firms.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom