• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Bushey Heath MG - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Hello
i have a HS PHEV and us drivers know the problem with the gear change, I call the service department to speck with a technician but they are off with Covid, but the young girl asked if she could help and fair play to her she had knowledge of the problems and said they could not find any fault codes on the cars that they had in and where in contact with MG UK. She took my number and said would come back if they had a update.

We have just ordered 2 MG Trophy's from them had a good deal from David in sales who was recommended by a member on here, early days yet but a good start.

We have just ordered 2 MG Trophy's from them had a good deal from David in sales who was recommended by a member on here, early days yet but a good start.
Yes that was me have talk to David after you posted me that you where going to buy two, he is going to do something for me the next time I up there.

I ordered my HS PHEV at Bushey Heath MG. David was very helpful and patient with all my questions and I needed two test drives to make up my mind. He did give me a very good price. I just hope the after sales service is as good as the pre sales service but time will tell ! It should arrive February with any luck. 🤞
I did inquire about a new car with BMW (330e) and Audi (A4), neither dealer could really be bothered and neither offered a test drive.
Recommended.

Popped into Bushey Heath, and same as others I dealt with David.

I found both him and the other staff I met to be really friendly, but not at all in a way that's overbearing (which has been my experience elsewhere)...more the kind of guy you could have a few drinks with whilst also buying a car :D

I was able to have a good test drive and poke about with no pressure whatsoever - also had a nosey round the HS too...very nice! Paperwork was straightforward, and I took down my specific vehicle order date, order number and current status so I can better keep track of where I'm at.
Whilst I wanted a '22 plate, I really need delivery not to drag so am hoping for April/May 🤞

David did also mention they currently have MG5 Exclusives in stock (mostly black/silver) but as it's a car I know nothing about, I didn't think to ask whether he meant long range - worth giving them a call if you're looking.

The forecourt is tight for space so you may want to scout ahead for parking, and I'd definitely ring beforehand if you're wanting a test drive so they can pull out/prep the car for you.

So far, so good - once I've actually got my car I will update with the overall experience, updates received, issues if I happen to have any, and what the total waiting time was between ordering and delivery.

TL;DR Friendly service, and a price that was competitive. They have MG5 Exclusive in stock.

David good to work with I was there this morning but was busy with some one, which car are you going with.

David good to work with I was there this morning but was busy with some one, which car are you going with.
In the end I've opted for the ZS EV. I did really like the HS - especially the interior, but wanted all electric so I can take advantage of a few incentives whilst there are still some left.

In the end I've opted for the ZS EV. I did really like the HS - especially the interior, but wanted all electric so I can take advantage of a few incentives whilst there are still some left.
If you have no wall charge box you need to get on with tomorrow as the grant stops at the end of March and needs to be fitted by then. Look up Hertfordshire EV charge.

My Apologies.
A touch off topic but follows on from jto above.

Forward Planning on our part in case we go full EV later, we have arranged an install of the Zappi charger from a local EV/Electrician in Garston, Herts, they say they can get one fitted well before the deadline.
The company is Baldwin-Bleakley and the guy to speak to is Michael Brown. 01923 673839.
Web: Car Charging
Not fitted yet so cannot comment on their service but reviews seem okay.

Last edited:
I can come round and test it for you when installed
Thanks for the offer, with reports of frozen EV charge flaps and fuel tank flaps that won't let you fill up I am beginning to wonder what I've let myself in for!
I will let you know when it is installed so if I have any problems I will be straight on to you :) .

I think did he know how to open the fuel flap? I had a morning where on trying to close my could not but looking at it was because of ice soon sorted.

I was in here last weekend and they have lost the new car dealership, they still have the service side but no new cars.

Wow, they always seemed busy with a pile of customer order folders and many on site customers. So now I guess it's only MG and Hyundai service and parts.
Perhaps MG were looking for a larger dealership, the Bushey site is quite small compared to others in the area.
I've not been over since my first service in March as My HS PHEV has not had a problem, everything still works, including the DAB. However I am checking out others that could replace it maybe in 2024.

I hope I am not tempting fate!

They did over 700 new cars last year but MG have put up the target to near a 1000 new cars, but how things are now the new car market has dropped off now lucky to 3 or 4 inquiries.

I purchased my MG ZS EV from here and nice people

But I got an email from MG last week saying that they were no longer MG dealers but I could still go to them for warranty repairs

Shame!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom