Can the MG AA cover include other cars?

Johncc

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the AA cover included with the service cost is a great extra.
Has anyone tried to extend the cover to include a second owned vehicle - obviously for a top up cost?

I take your point, however I do take the view that breakdown cover should be part of at least the first 3 Years warranty cover anyway, as it is with other manufacturers and not paid for as part of a service. My skeptical side sees it as a way to try to lock-in servicing work, which is not really required at all on an EV. There are some great deals on breakdown cover out there if you want to cover another vehicle. 👀🙂🙂

Managed to speak to the AA (after a struggle).
You cannot pay an additional premium and add another vehicle.
Arranged cover through my insurers who were far cheaper than a new AA policy even with their current 'sale' prices.
Whole thing has only come about because Lloyds have just pulled the rug on the terms of my particular bank account which included AA cover.

I am pretty sure the A.A. cover provided by MG is with the person.
So, if you travelling in your wife’s car for example and need there services I THINK you are still covered.
It spoken about on the Monday night Pod Cast.

Cheers lovemyev.
Listening to the last 5 minutes of the podcast I think it's the car that's covered (whoever is driving) not the person.
I'd love to be wrong so please correct me if I am.

Cheers lovemyev.
Listening to the last 5 minutes of the podcast I think it's the car that's covered (whoever is driving) not the person.
I'd love to be wrong so please correct me if I am.
Hi @Johncc .
You are 100% totally correct !.
Please accept my apologise folks, it IS the actual CAR itself, that is covered regardless of the driver.
NOT the person, so if you breakdown in your wife's car, your NOT covered !.
You can check out this info, by fast forwarding the Pod Cast video in the link below, to the 1 hour and 5 minute mark.

I've used AutoAid in the past, they cover the driver instead of the vehicle so have effectively covered me in a car, bike and van! Over the last couple of years though their prices have started to creep up, from searching online I think that as because they were bought out by another firm. Coincidentally, had a Green Flag flyer through the door today. Their prices look competitive on the face of it, but not yet looked into it any further.

I would recommend AutoAid. Very good organisation, was well looked after by them the couple of times I needed assistance.

I have GEM breakdown cover GEM Motoring Assist - Voted Best UK Breakdown Cover for my other two cars.
They were founded in 1932 so one of the oldest breakdown companies .
They were half the price of equivalent AA cover.
They cover the driver in any car they are driving.
Have only had to use them once in around 5 years and they were very responsive.
Currently £80.55 for one person on the policy or £107.68 for 2 people.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom