Can you recommend a giod solar/battery company and is it worth it.

Copes

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi everyone,

I Have my Mg zs in order and while i wait i was thinking do i install solar with a battery to take advantage of the ev charging tariffs and get some cheap charging when im in through the day.

Can anyone recommend a good solar company in the north west and if you have done it how does it work out for you?

I tried contacting some online but have not been impressed by them so far.

Regards
Paul

I'm in the south west, I leased an MG5 in September and had solar pv and home battery installed in October. At £18K some may think it expensive, but Project Solar did a great job in stalling an east-west array of 16 panels (5.92kW), an 18kWh FoxESS battery and inverter and a Project-EV home charger. Using the 4hr 5p/kWh rate of Octopus Go (12.30h-04.30h) the car and home battery can be fully charged over night meaning I am running the house off grid during daylight hours. I opted for the biggest battery as run an ASHP in summer to heat a pool. Usual cost of topping up the car from 40-80% charge is around £1.30. In summer the home charger offers a "solar option" so can effectively charge the car on just sunshine - await to see how effective that will be.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom