bissu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hello, I am a new owner of Mg Maver R luxury bought 2 days ago I tried to charge the car in ( CCS ) charging station but one of them changed the car any idea why?
I was so low in change I need to buy a normal charging plug and chager the car it takes 7-8 hours to make car 80% or 100% Any one had this same problem as my that any station didn't changer the car at all 😞

The weather is -27 so I can't risk it with low charge 😕

And other thing what does this mean in battery here is the picture
The ( ⚠️ )

Is cause of my tiers pressure low?

Attachments

• 20240106_133308.jpg
    20240106_133308.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20240106_133314.jpg
    20240106_133314.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 65
Hello,

Another major problem with charging the car at public Type 2 and CCS - they will not charge. First the issue was a VERY slow charge, from SOC 50% - 100% about 10h and 5h estimates. During this slow charging the time estimation kept on rising.

I unplugged after about 6h of Type 2 charging (getting to about 90% SOC). After this the car is not charging at all. Either nothing happens or sometimes getting messages "charging ceased" and "check connection".

It's been cold here, about -16°C to -25°C. Currently heading home (if I make it 15% SOC) and will try Type2 3x16A 11kW at home.

Hope nothing is seriously broken with the car. Still I am at complete lost at what to do, so will call dealer tomorrow and a tow truck if unable to charge.

Frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Another major problem with charging the car at public Type 2 and CCS - they will not charge. First the issue was a VERY slow charge, from SOC 50% - 100% about 10h and 5h estimates. During this slow charging the time estimation kept on rising.

I unplugged after about 6h of Type 2 charging (getting to about 90% SOC). After this the car is not charging at all. Either nothing happens or sometimes getting messages "charging ceased" and "check connection".

It's been cold here, about -16C to -25C. Currently heading home (if I make it 15% SOC) and will try Type2 3x16A 11kw at home.

Hope nothing is seriously broken with the car. Still I am at complete lost at what to do, so will call dealer tomorrow and a tow truck if unable to
From what I learn in 3 days og owning Mr marvel r . That if your car is chagring there should be a green light on chagring place in screen a green wire is connected to battery 🔋 place

Hello,

It's been cold here, about -16C to -25C. Currently heading home (if I make it 15% SOC) and will try Type2 3x16A 11kw at home.

Hope nothing is seriously broken with the car. Still I am at complete lost at what to do, so will call dealer tomorrow and a tow truck if unable to charge.

Frustrating.
Even for me 2 days was annoying I had 20% battery left and it was around -27 weather super cold 🥶 . And I bought the car in Friday and Saturday and Sunday the dealer place is colsed so I need to wait tmr then I will ask the dealer about the ( CCS ) chagring and the MG-Ismart

Atm I am using this charging it takes around 10+ hours to make car full

Hello,

Frustrating.
Lauri. One question are you from finland ? And have you used any public chagring station ?

Attachments

• 20240106_164828.jpg
    20240106_164828.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 55
Have you resolved your problems, @bissu and @lauri ?

I am a new owner of Marvel R, and I think your charging problems may be related to cold battery. Did you try to preheat it before DC-charging? Temperature may also affect AC-charging as well. Also, the charger in bissus photo is giving only 3.3 kW, so it will charge slowly.

Have you resolved your problems, @bissu and @lauri ?

I am a new owner of Marvel R, and I think your charging problems may be related to cold battery. Did you try to preheat it before DC-charging? Temperature may also affect AC-charging as well. Also, the charger in bissus photo is giving only 3.3 kW, so it will charge slowly.
Yes it has been resolved. I used to charge with slow charging; it takes time but I noticed if your car is over 50% charged it charges fast then normal and about fast chagring it got fixed by a update ✌️

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem not resolved here.

Although I was able to start a charge at a public charger, there were connection issues. When it finally started charging on the public 11w Type 2 it was extremely slow, stating 60% - 100% SOC would take around 11h. During the charge again, the time to full charge kept rising. The temperature here has been around 0C.

Taking the car for servide tomorrow.

Problem not resolved here.

Although I was able to start a charge at a public charger, there were connection issues. When it finally started charging on the public 11w Type 2 it was extremely slow, stating 60% - 100% SOC would take around 11h. During the charge again, the time to full charge kept rising. The temperature here has been around 0C.

Taking the car for servide tomorrow.
Let us know what they tell you in service

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom