Charge Place Scotland change of payment provider

SimonS

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I've just seen in a Facebook group that CPS are changing their payment provider from Go Cardless to Stripe with effect from April 15th. So if you have a CPS account you will be unable to charge from the 15th onwards unless you have updated your details.

Five days notice is not exactly ideal.

Details:- New Payment Provider – Charge Place Scotland

Anyone else received an email about Charge Place Scotland changing their payment method and you have to log in and confirm your payment method by the 15 April?

I've received the email too. Looks like lots of people are logging in to change their details as I get a Server Error when I try. 😎🙄😂

Yes that’s what I am getting but you can never be too careful with all the scams about

Not quite sure what is involved as I have a charge place Scotland card linked to a direct debit with my current account?

Not sure if this means my direct debit is no longer valid

Your payment is currently via GoCardless ... CPS are changing their payment provider to Stripe so you need to set up a payment mandate with Stripe now. The set up with GoCardless will go idle and you'll be able to delete that mandate next month, after any payments for up to 15th April have cleared.

Thanks for that I have set up the Stripe although it doesn’t mention about any Direct Debit with them so I am assuming it will be a straight payment when you use the chargers.

Do you know if the Charge Place Scotland card that I was flashing at the charger will still be working?

Got an email today, the website was a bit clogged but I managed to get in and put my payment details in. If you find the site is giving 503 errors just wait a while and try again.

Thanks for that I have set up the Stripe although it doesn’t mention about any Direct Debit with them so I am assuming it will be a straight payment when you use the chargers.

Do you know if the Charge Place Scotland card that I was flashing at the charger will still be working?

You should have seen the option to use Google pay or a payment card. Yes your current rfid card will work still, it's just that they are using a different payment provider now.

Yes that’s what I am getting but you can never be too careful with all the scams about

If you have any worries, don't click any links. Go directly to the website yourself, log in to your account and make the changes there.

If you have any worries, don't click any links. Go directly to the website yourself, log in to your account and make the changes there.
I have gone on the website and done the Stripe payment method. Found some questions and answers section on the site about the new payment method. It’s looking like you will still be able to use the RFID card but it will charge your bank card immediately instead of paying by direct debit.

Why not just login to your CPS account? Select the Payments tab after doing so and scroll down to find the link/button for setting up the Stripe payment method. 👍

Why not just login to your CPS account? Select the Payments tab after doing so and scroll down to find the link/button for setting up the Stripe payment method. 👍
It was a bit temperamental yesterday afternoon but eventually got in and did it. I think initially things were caught up in the immediate rush. Once in it was easy enough.

I tried to change to the Stripe acc yesterday too. I’m not sure if I managed as it wasn’t too clear at the end of the process. I’ll have another look at it later and check.

I tried to change to the Stripe acc yesterday too. I’m not sure if I managed as it wasn’t too clear at the end of the process. I’ll have another look at it later and check.
In fact I’ve just phoned CPS after your timely reminder Siteguru. The lassie just informed me that I actually managed to sort it out after all yesterday. Wonders will apparently sometimes happen.

I phoned and they were extremely helpful, and I'm all sorted now.

In related news, once I was back in the app I checked my account. Once again the Cambridge Street destination charger has not recorded my car as receiving any charge, although in actual fact it was charging for about three and a half hours and put on about 40% (probably about 20 kwh) in that time, saving my bacon in the process. Probably about £9 worth then.

That's two out of two for these chargers. I should use them more often! (The Blink ones in Halifax are on two for four, but the two no-bill charges were the second two, so I remain hopeful there too.)

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom