Charge Point Recommendations?

pete3112

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Finally done it Just ordered an Orange MG4 Trophy
Dealer has said 7 weeks or maybe sooner just need to sort charger out anybody recommend one

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the order. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and you aren't left waiting too long.

Here's a few of the chargers that I would recommend;

Maybe we need to have a pinned thread for recommended chargers etc, Admins?

1667557280600.png

;)

Others have pointed you to various options. I went with my electricity supplier but don't leave it too long in case there are complications. I had to have my instillation delayed by 1 month due to the meter being fixed onto an asbestos backing board.

Finally done it Just ordered an Orange MG4 Trophy
Dealer has said 7 weeks or maybe sooner just need to sort charger out anybody recommend one
Hi, what sort of milage do you do and have you or are you likely to get solar panels and a battery?
I had an Ohme but swapped it for a Zappi to make use of excess solar production.

Hoping more become compatible with Octopus Intelligent soon other than just the Ohme Home Pro. I'd rather have the Zappi or Hypervolt. They both have it on their "roadmap" but no timescales given.

Hoping more become compatible with Octopus Intelligent soon other than just the Ohme Home Pro. I'd rather have the Zappi or Hypervolt. They both have it on their "roadmap" but no timescales given.
Hi, what sort of milage do you do and have you or are you likely to get solar panels and a battery?
I had an Ohme but swapped it for a Zappi to make use of excess solar production.
Around 10 thousand was thinking of looking into octopus as they have ev night rates use around 330 kwh a month at the minute

Around 10 thousand was thinking of looking into octopus as they have ev night rates use around 330 kwh a month at the minute

You will need to top up the car with 27kWh per week to break even. This does not take into account any appliances you may switch to overnight. (see below)

1667649107000.png

You are similar to me then. I found it is borderline and largely dependent on what we can timeshift to see if the switch is worth it.

So we have ordered a smart meter and will experiment to see what we can shift before making the decision to change tariff.

However, April’s cap changes may force the issue, depending on what they are.

10000 ÷52 =192 miles a week at 3.5 kwh thats 54 kwh a week so would pay to switch and i will probably do more miles if its cheaper
Don't forget to subtract any mileage that you will be doing on long-journeys where you charge away from home at a public charger (I still think it will be worth you being on Go - actually our usage is a lot more than you said, I had my numbers wrong, so it does make sense for you).

Don't forget to subtract any mileage that you will be doing on long-journeys where you charge away from home at a public charger (I still think it will be worth you being on Go - actually our usage is a lot more than you said, I had my numbers wrong, so it does make sense for you).
Yeah we go caravan every weekend from march to November thats a 190 mile round trip usually don't do more than 210 in total on a weekend so was just going to add a few miles with a granny charger from caravan electric to make sure I'm ok

May I be the first to say EEEEKKK!

Not sure I'd trust caravan wiring to be up to the job, and I'm a renowned risk taker!!
I'm either gonna wire an outside plug straight from the fuse box or get a blue round connector with a plug on and go straight from the electric box that supplies the van

May I be the first to say EEEEKKK!

Not sure I'd trust caravan wiring to be up to the job, and I'm a renowned risk taker!!
I abstracted 50kWh from a caravan recently. Plug was warm but only had it in while we were in/awake. You can always lower the current if worried.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom